Geocaching App - Heading Up vs Heading North

I am using the official Geocaching App android version 5.12.0.  When navigating to a cache is impossible to have the map hold in a navigation mode - heading up. Any time I touch the screen it reverts back to a map orientation, north at the top of the screen. North heading is great when using a magnetic compass but is a major pain and useless with a map view.  I have to do constantly perform mental coversions like since I'm heading South I need to turn left instead of right... What a pain in the butt.  Heading Up is so much better then North Up!   Is there a setting in the geocaching app for Heading Up on the map view?

Have you clicked on the 'target' button at the upper-right corner of the map view?  It usually defaults to white background, tap once and the map centers on your location and icon changes to green background, tap again and the map changes to 'track up' instead of 'north up' and icon changes again.

If you tap on the map while in that 'track up' mode, then the icon reverts to default and map orientation freezes. It doesn't go back to 'north up' orientation for me, unless I tap the red/white arrow icon at the upper-left corner of the map.