Feature Req for PocketQueries - Cache Types defaults

marvin_gardens

Greetings,

When going on a trip, I'll generate several PQs.  One type I don't want included are Unknown cache types since its very unlikely to be solved, and I don't want them included in the 1000 limit.   I find it repetitive for each new PQ I create, I have to always manually select most of the other cache types.

Would it be possible of instead of having the 'Any cache type' box at the top selected by default, have all the cache types within the box selected?  This way I could simply unselect the unknown cache type.  (The likelihood of the APE and GPS Adventures caches adding to my limit is very low, so I'd leave them clicked)

Also, could you fix it so when you edit the Date Placed date boxes, the date radio button gets selected automatically, instead of having to do it manually.

Since I have your ear, one last thing. When you Submit a PQ for a trial run (but not selected a date to run) can you have it spit out the count, instead of having to go to 'Map these caches' to find the number of caches. (Usually I'm adjusting my circle or figuring out how wide to make my route). 

Thanks for considering these improvements.

I find if I change the PQ name,the previous PQ disappears from the list.

14 hours ago, marvin_gardens said:

Since I have your ear, one last thing. When you Submit a PQ for a trial run (but not selected a date to run) can you have it spit out the count,

Pocket Query

Thanks! Your pocket query has been modified and currently results in 618 caches.

What you want already exists, see above.  Preview, go to the top of the page, and there's the count.

Use a saved default as a template <----

I have a many saved default  queries. My "all states" (US) for instance, I use it over and over

If you're losing queries, then I assume one of two things:

1) too many - you can save a 1000 queries on the PQ page,  if you have more, they'll start disappearing. I doubt that's the issue

2) how you have them set up to run.  

Uncheck the day of the week after the query runs
Run this query every week on the days checked
Run this query once then delete it

For queries you want to keep, use Uncheck the day of the week after the query runs. 

To reuse the default, use the COPY query icon on the PQ page, it's to the right of  the PQ title. You'll get a NEW PQ named Copy of Name of Query. 

• Upvote 2

I never noticed the copy feature!  That makes thing a little easier. 

With the count though, it gives the number of caches when PQing a circle/area, but not for a route.  " Thanks! Your query has been modified. You can preview the search here."

I'd still like to see all the caches selected as a default instead of just one checkbox at the top of the box, though. Its helpful for new routes.

(and has there been any consideration of having of more than just the last 5 logs in the PQ?)

Thanks, You guys have been helpful.