Trackable photo stories

Knight-Willoughby

Does anyone else make full on stories of life with just one trackable? I picked up a girl scout trackable and with my job I thought to myself "I will take this with me on a trip or two" I have since had it for like 4 months. taking it with me everywhere I go. Now I just never want to let it go. ive grown a bond with it and I update the "girls" all the time about its adventures. ill post the link so yall can check it out. https://coord.info/TB7Z7EV

1 hour ago, NanCycle said:

Have you heard from the girls that this is okay with them?  If it were my trackable I would not like for one person to be keeping it for many months.

I asked them prior to holding onto it. they have loved me holding on to it and taking it around the world. I dont plan on keeping it forever, but i plan on moving it between cachers who actually care about keeping TBs roaming around. I wouldnt just hold onto it without having the permission from the TB owner.

6 hours ago, Knight-Willoughby said:

Does anyone else make full on stories of life with just one trackable? I picked up a girl scout trackable and with my job I thought to myself "I will take this with me on a trip or two" I have since had it for like 4 months. taking it with me everywhere I go. Now I just never want to let it go. ive grown a bond with it and I update the "girls" all the time about its adventures. ill post the link so yall can check it out. https://coord.info/TB7Z7EV

Most we know use their own trackables to play that side-hobby.  Many use them so if/when they ever split from a family account there's record of all cache finds for back-logging.  We see pics in their gallery showing the places their trackable's been (some with more pics than in the cache log), and it seems a "lighter" version of finding a location.      :)

Before you get slammed for desiring to 'never let it go' :) It's great that you've got the owners' blessing and sought it first. I think you're doing a good thing by encouraging what TBs (or at least what an owner wants its BT to) do, and that's travel, and build up a history and story. In your OP it sounds like you understand the nature of TBs, moving and switching hands regularly, so I don't personally see a problem. You've got a good demonstration of a positive TB ethic that I hope more people see.

Now there are some ways it could go off the rails... if you didn't have permission then...
1) you could upset the owner for not letting it go to someone else
2) you could annoy the owner by posting so many logs like people to 'visit' a TB on hundreds of uninteresting irrelevant caches assuming the owner just wants mileage
3) you could annoy the owner by keeping it and not logging anything
etc...

Travelbugs are really about what you do with it and what the owner wants done with it.  If you understand and respect what the owner wants with it, then all power to ya :)

6 hours ago, thebruce0 said:

2) you could annoy the owner by posting so many logs like people to 'visit' a TB on hundreds of uninteresting irrelevant caches assuming the owner just wants mileage

I don't get notifications of visits, only discoveries and drop-offs/pick-ups.  I'm thankful for that, but do others get notified of visits?  I'm fine with people visiting wherever with my TBs, as long as they are getting closer to the TB's goals.

20 minutes ago, GeoElmo6000 said:

I don't get notifications of visits, only discoveries and drop-offs/pick-ups.  I'm thankful for that, but do others get notified of visits?  I'm fine with people visiting wherever with my TBs, as long as they are getting closer to the TB's goals.

Oh right I think someone mentioned that visits don't produce email notifications. This was more a leftover of the drop/retrieve process that swamped owners with emails pre-visit-log. That's still possible, but rarer these days :)