how do I get .gpx instead of .loc?

Heidevlinder

I just got a premium membership to be able to use PQ's. But to my dissappointment I can't choose the cache-owner's name as a variable.

I would like to list all caches of a certain CO. That is possible on their own site but then I get a .loc file. How can I get a gpx file from the list of one CO?

Thanks for replying.

SabineM72

As a Premium Member, you can search by Cache Owner using the Advanced Search feature of the website. Go to Play -> Search, which brings you to the Search page.  You can enter a central location in the search field, but you probably won't care about setting a location if your main goal is to search by CO.

So, go to the search page and then click the Filters button, then enter the CO's name in the "Hidden By" field, then click the Search button below.  These filters also allow you to select Enabled/Disabled caches or specific cache types/sizes, if you want.

You'll get a results page that lists all of those CO's caches.  Click the box at the top left of the list to Select All of the caches, then click the "Add ## to List" button above that, then name a list that you want to create (ie, Caches-from-Joe).

You'll now have a Bookmark List of the CO's caches, which you can download directly from your Lists page  HERE.  From that Lists page, you can create a Pocket Query (PQ) by selecting "Create Pocket Query" from the "..." menu at the right of the desired list. A PQ will result in a .gpx file containing all of the caches in the list. If you're not already familiar with PQ's, then take a look  HERE  and  HERE .  If you need help with creating PQ's, then just reply and we can give further help.

Another option, if you have Garmin Express installed on your computer and want to move caches to a compatible Garmin GPSr, is to select "Send to Garmin" from the Lists page.

• Upvote 1

To get GPX for caches made by "Geocaching HQ" you start from advanced search like this

Then you select all displayed caches by clicking once the first checkbox below "Hidden by" search filter tag.

Now you have new button "Add 12 to list" which gives you opportunity to add selected caches to any list you want or to make a brand new list for them.

When the list is ready, open the list and click "Create Pocket Query" button on the bottom.

Check the query status from https://www.geocaching.com/pocket/ and download the GPX file when it is ready.