Pingdom

Harry Dolphin

53 minutes ago, The A-Team said:

More detail would make it far easier to give you an answer. Where are you seeing this?

Lost my cookies trying to resolve the problems between Adobe Flash Player and MSN Games.  So I wasn't signed in when I went to read a log on one of my caches.  And I got the Pingdon problem.  When I signed in, it was okay.  Never seen that before.

8 hours ago, Harry Dolphin said:

Lost my cookies trying to resolve the problems between Adobe Flash Player and MSN Games.  So I wasn't signed in when I went to read a log on one of my caches.  And I got the Pingdon problem.  When I signed in, it was okay.  Never seen that before.

I didn't lose any cookies and never signed out, but was intermittently getting the pingdom site, or a 500 error, or getting straight in - I think all the Planetary Pursuits logging broke  the hamsters!

On 3/26/2018 at 5:22 PM, MartyBartfast said:

Some connections to geocaching.com were being redirected to the pingdom status page, when the site was having problems.

Pingdom is a web site monitoring tool that devops will use to automate periodic checking of websites/servers they support.  Apparently a site being monitored can be redirected to a Pingdom site to let users know that the system is having issues.  Given the number of issues the GS servers have had recently I'm surprised this is the first report I've seen about Pingdom.