Error on "Geocache Adoptions"

SEMY

At the moment I do try to adopt a cache or a coin I do get a error. The statement is ".....has been archived and is unable to be adopted."
Like there is an old archived geocaching hanging in my user-profile-cache or something like that.
I do know how to work around this but it is not as it should be.

Happy error hunting 
B)

Uploading a screenshot (JPG nor PNG) didn't work either...

Edited by SEMY

HI Keystone,

Did get requests for several TB's (Coins and tag) to adopt.
At the moment I do click the link in the adoption email (figure mail_request.png) I do get the error (figure error.jpg) as stated above.
Some way the link gets some older data. Seems to be some kind of bug. 

For example I did get a request to adopt: https://coord.info/TB4M0QV
The link gave an error. Could work around it but it doesn't work directly by using the provided link from the email.

Cheers,
Erik (SEMY)

error.jpg

mail_request.png

Hi! I encounter exactly the same issue, or precisely, the friend who wants to adopt my caches. One year ago I made the mistake to send him an adoption request for a cache named "[SGPS] Dans la cale] which had just been archived, so he got the error message "[SGPS] Dans la cale has been archived and cannot be adopted", which was quite normal. But since then, at each request I sent him for my other caches which weren't archived at all, he got exactly the same error message with the name of the first cache, as if it were stuck in the system!

One year ago I sent a message to Groundspeak to report the bug and was told that they were aware of it and I should be patient, but today my caches really need maintenance, I'm not in the region anymore and it's difficult for my friend to maintain them without being the owner.

Thank you for your help! 

Image error message.png

• Upvote 1

Hi, and thanks for the tag.  I am a volunteer moderator, so I'm sorry to say that I do not know any more about the status of this bug, or what plans might be underway in Seattle to fix it.  I can, however, confirm that this is the correct place to make your bug report!  Thank you for reporting it, for following up, and for your continued patience.