Planetary Pursuit

1 hour ago, TennesseeGirl15 said:

We get 15pts for any cache with 10 or more favorite points.  So...... Does that mean a mystery cache with 36 favorite points would get me a total of 30 pts?

TNGirl15

Hi, and welcome to off topic.  Ironically, you've picked the one forum oh the site that doesn't actually discuss geocaching.  But you're new (to the forums), so this one's free.  :anibad:

The scoring system for Planetary Pursuit gives a maximum of 15 points for any given geocache.  So since mystery caches by themselves already get 15, there are no extra points for favorite points.

Have fun chasing the planets!

Edited by hzoi
25 minutes ago, joemanzh said:

Hi all,

Today I logged a tradi but there was no souvenir, did I something wrong? The last two days I always earned a souvenir when logging tradis. Mmh? The points are counted.

You don't get the souvenirs for logging Traditionals; you get souvenirs for reaching specified point levels. On the Friend League page, you can click on the "Available souvenirs" button to see the required point totals (see below). The first two are at 5 and 10 points, so you would get a souvenir for the first two Traditionals you found (which are 5 points each), but then the intervals widen and it takes more points to get to the next souvenir. If all you find are Traditionals, you'd need two additional finds to get to the third souvenir (Mercury), then four more for Mars, etc.

eb581eab-8a65-483e-9b35-5edd00beb879.png

Edited by The A-Team

Following on from the "Pluto is no longer a planet" theme, the wording for the final souvenir is a bit grandiose

Congratulations, we're over the moon to award you with this souvenir! You've geocached around the galaxy and can now call yourself an Official Space Explorer. There is no doubt that this intergalactic journey might have had some turbulence but you powered through and we salute you! You’ve earned this souvenir by visiting all nine planets in the solar system and earning 500 points on the Friend League.

Erm, we have only geocached around the solar system (maybe Proxima Centauri could be part of the next promotion) and intergalactic means between galaxies.  Not complaining, just being pedantic.;)

1 hour ago, Paurian said:

I noticed today that when I drop off trackables, points aren’t getting awarded. Is there another glitch in the system like there was last Monday?

This happened to me today too! Hoping it gets fixed. I'm new to caching, so I'm not sure how to report it?

5 hours ago, Paurian said:

I noticed today that when I drop off trackables, points aren’t getting awarded. Is there another glitch in the system like there was last Monday?

This happened to me too.  As indicated in this log, I dropped off 2 trackables, but my score didn't go up, and they don't show up when I click on "You" on my Friend League page.

I wrote:

This happened to me too.  As indicated in this log, I dropped off 2 trackables, but my score didn't go up, and they don't show up when I click on "You" on my Friend League page.

The problem seems to have been fixed.  Sometime in the past hour or two my score went up by 8 points.

I'm about 3 weeks behind in my logging. A few moments ago, I logged a cache for March 22, being the first cache I've logged since PP started. It was a trad with no favourite points and I dropped 2 trackables into it. How did I end up with 99 points?

20 minutes ago, Xira said:

I'm about 3 weeks behind in my logging. A few moments ago, I logged a cache for March 22, being the first cache I've logged since PP started. It was a trad with no favourite points and I dropped 2 trackables into it. How did I end up with 99 points?

If you click on your name on friends league page, it will show you the list of caches and trackables which granted you points (and how many). 

5 hours ago, Xira said:

5 hours ago, Tungstène said:

If you click on your name on friends league page, it will show you the list of caches and trackables which granted you points (and how many). 

Thank you. I didn't know that.

Yesterday, I logged 5 mystery caches that I found on March 10. It wasn't until this morning, when I logged the first traditional I found on March 22, that the notifications for having earned 5 souvenirs flashed across my screen.

When I look at where the points are coming from, it shows today's date for all caches, even though I logged some of them yesterday and all were dated with find dates prior to today. It's giving points for caches that I found before PP started (yes, I logged them afterwards but I did date them correctly). Even more strange, the points earned on those 5 mystery caches are 16, 18, 15, 19, 18. None has more than 4 favourite points. I thought it wasn't possible to earn more than 15 points per cache.

The whole thing seems to be broken in several ways.

Can you post a screen shot? That's so interesting.

1 hour ago, Xira said:

Yesterday, I logged 5 mystery caches that I found on March 10. It wasn't until this morning, when I logged the first traditional I found on March 22, that the notifications for having earned 5 souvenirs flashed across my screen.

When I look at where the points are coming from, it shows today's date for all caches, even though I logged some of them yesterday and all were dated with find dates prior to today. It's giving points for caches that I found before PP started (yes, I logged them afterwards but I did date them correctly). Even more strange, the points earned on those 5 mystery caches are 16, 18, 15, 19, 18. None has more than 4 favourite points. I thought it wasn't possible to earn more than 15 points per cache.

2 hours ago, Xira said:

1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

Can you post a screen shot? That's so interesting.

I can't. It's been fixed. There's nothing unusual to see anymore. The extra 86 points are gone so I'm down to the 81 points I earned for caches found on March 22. Before that I'd had 167 points which got me the Saturn souvenir. I still have that. When I log my finds for last weekend, then it will legitimately be mine.

15 hours ago, Mother Wolf said:

I have a ? cache that  was there 2 days ago that NOW isnt there. I now have the EC that wasnt there 2 days ago. So Im still missing GC7A6J8 the ? cache. I dont know that Im going to finish doing this quest with all the problems it has.  :(

Yup - when I pull you up in my Friend League, I don't see that you have points for that one.  Maybe try deleting the log and then logging your find again?