How do you go about find people in your area?

garyo1954

Hit the events in Tatum and you will meet a group that are fairly active and relatively close to you, in a Texas kind of way. I'm not sure how many folks are that active near your location. There are a few expected at the events that get around the East Texas area quite a bit.

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, K13 said:

Hit the events in Tatum and you will meet a group that are fairly active and relatively close to you, in a Texas kind of way. I'm not sure how many folks are that active near your location. There are a few expected at the events that get around the East Texas area quite a bit.

I've got April 22nd marked on the calendar. And I've interacted with a couple on their Facebook group. So it should be great for me! (Looking forward to meeting you there too if you're not tied up with scouting this year)

Still, I'm surprised there isn't a at least a small group that meets locally once a month to exchange ideas, thoughts, or plan something. I was thinking maybe the winter had just prohibited COs from attending to their caches, but I'm beginning to wonder if some haven't been abandoned, forgotten, or as in one case, the CO has left the area. I learned today the CO at the Veterans Memorial is not replacing the cache. Being USMC/Vietnam Vet/DAV I asked for it. 

Maybe I'm thinking too much, but how does geocaching survive without some introduction and support at the local level?