I don't have the PDX spike...,

slinger91

but I thought WA was overdue for an "PDX Wednesday crew" style event cache.

I don't know how many people will want/can come, but I have tentatively set a date for the 19th of October.

I have already put alot of time into this, and have a lot left to do. I know it's impossible to pick a day that makes everyone happy, I just hope it's far enough in advance to help people with scheduling. I will only give out enough info for a good tease as I don't want to give anything away, and if you can make it, you won't be disappointed. This has been such an effort so far that I have secretly recruited several local cachers for logistical help. It will be located near the Centralia(hoping to lure PDX and Puget Sound cachers) area, and will kick off at 11am with a briefing, and examination of the crime scene, and that’s merely the beginning. The entire event will take about 4 hours, unless you fail to find the killer.

I hope to see some familiar face's, and hopefully some new ones. Or else I might be solving this crime alone. Which would kinda suck, because I have a pertty good idea who did it. icon_razz.gif

Here's the link:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=36895

dasein, I hope you guy's have a good time in Tahiti, and sorry this on that same day.

oregone, it's your lucky day, no swimming. But! I have left a flotation device at said cache, and!, I have found another entrance for it. And! until someone finds it, It will known as "travel bug Alcatraz", because i am putting every bug i snag in thier.

Bodoni, I sure hope you can make it. And I hope it dosen't hurt too bad when your company "knocks you out for a weekend". icon_wink.gif

Sounds very interesting. Altough I get off work at 0730 Sat morning after a 12 hr shift. I would probably be too wiped out to make this. I also work that Sat. night. Sunday the 13th or 27th are best for Quantum Mechanic, Mardi Gras Man, and me.

That doesn't smell like mud Chucko

[This message was edited by Sassquatch on September 21, 2002 at 02:51 AM.]

acutally, this is the only weekend until december that i could take off. it's at the begining of my week long fall break. in fact, i could also do it the following weekend. but after that, no way.... it's work, work, work for me.

also, slinger, if i have to sing ANY kareoke, then i am soooo gonna get "very sick" and have to miss the event.

If there's gravity, then how you explain birds!?!

in concert the night before, so I'll probably have to work pretty hard to drag the wife out of bed early the next morning. We'll try to be there though. Was sorry to have to miss the cube, but a Washington event sounds like fun.

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

At least we know the evidence has been well "preserved"... ok enough with the bad jokes. It's looking like we'll be making the trip up there, and we'll try to drag one fish, two fish with us. Will this be a dog friendly cache? Should be bring the bloodhounds?

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again..." Mt. 13:44