Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 9
chamafox

Planetary Pursuit: Mystery cache scoring wrong

Recommended Posts

I found a mystery cache yesterday for which I was originally awarded only 5 points. This has now been sorted and I have been awarded the correct 15 points. However I have only been given the earth souvenir - is this likely to update at some point soon?

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, lison55 said:

Didn't receive 15 points more for finding a cache with more than 10 favorite points !

I think I should have receive 30 points for a mystery cache with 18 favorite points ...

You can only receive a maximum of 15 points for any cache log. While this was somewhat well-documented in the lead-up to the promotion (though not initially), this critical detail has been left out of the scoring table on the Friend League page.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, lison55 said:

Didn't receive 15 points more for finding a cache with more than 10 favorite points !

I think I should have receive 30 points for a mystery cache with 18 favorite points ...

There is a cap, the maximum number of points you can earn for any cache log is 15 points. We created an FAQ for this and other promotion-related questions.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, lison55 said:

Didn't receive 15 points more for finding a cache with more than 10 favorite points !

I think I should have receive 30 points for a mystery cache with 18 favorite points ...

Sorry; max 15 points per find. I forget where I read this.

Share this post


Link to post

Just checking in - we haven't done much caching since the promo started, but the scoring on what we have done has been accurate:

3/19/18 - 1 Traditional - 5 points - souvenir awarded

3/20/18 - 1 Traditional w/ 10+ fav points (and we added a couple more - it was a very ingenuious hide!) - 15 points and 2 additional souvenirs awarded
               3 Traditionals - 5 points each - total points at 35 as expected

Tomorrow we will find at least one, giving us 5 more points and the next souvenir.  We are also on a personal challenge to find and log at least one cache every day in 2018.  With some travel planned during this Planetary Pursuit, we should be able to easily get enough points and variety of caches, plus meet our daily challenge.  Without even really changing our caching habits, we'll get the whole thing.  Although today's cache with the fav points was choen with the PP in mind!

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, SnowstormMK said:

There is a cap, the maximum number of points you can earn for any cache log is 15 points. We created an FAQ for this and other promotion-related questions.

The FAQ is OK, but the brief scoring table in the friend league is a bit different which most likely lead to lison55's confusion. He actually should have earned 35 points according that since he qualified for:

planetary_pursuit.png.016a6a07abcd63ea182264e7189725c8.png

 

+ 5 + 15 + 15 = + 35

:)

 

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Pontiac_CZ said:

The FAQ is OK, but the brief scoring table in the friend league is a bit different which most likely lead to lison55's confusion. He actually should have earned 35 points according that since he qualified for:

planetary_pursuit.png.016a6a07abcd63ea182264e7189725c8.png

 

+ 5 + 15 + 15 = + 35

:)

 

 

To clear up confusion, it might be good to include in that box that "The maximum number of points you can earn for any cache log is 15 points".

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, fbax said:

Excellent!  One issue is not yet resolved. I found 50 Mystery caches yesterday. Some where logged before issues were corrected. The scoring for all EXCEPT ONE have been fixed (GC78J4T); my first find of the day. This mystery is still reporting only 5 points. This is not a big deal for me because I have all 10 souvenirs; but it occurs to me that research into this issue might identify others still reporting incorrect scoring.

My scoring and souvenirs are now PERFECT! Thanks for quick resolution to issues during this promotion.

Share this post


Link to post

Wondering how long it takes for Souvenirs to show up. I have 43 points and only have Planetary: Earth (requires 5 points) Usually you get an immediate response as your logging. Lag = everyone playing today?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, JoenGPS said:

Wondering how long it takes for Souvenirs to show up. I have 43 points and only have Planetary: Earth (requires 5 points) Usually you get an immediate response as your logging. Lag = everyone playing today?

Well.... got my questioned answered, about an hour and they showed up :D..... no notification, the server(s) are probably churning at top speed!

Edited by JoenGPS
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, JoenGPS said:

Well.... got my questioned answered, about an hour and they showed up :D..... no notification, the server(s) are probably churning at top speed!

Your previous post was helpful. The souvenir service had halted and we had the engineers kick it back into proper working order. 

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Frau Potter said:

Your previous post was helpful. The souvenir service had halted and we had the engineers kick it back into proper working order. 

You have to keep those server hamsters fed.....:D

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 9

×
×
  • Create New...