Planetary Pursuit: Mystery cache scoring wrong

chamafox

1 hour ago, lison55 said:

Didn't receive 15 points more for finding a cache with more than 10 favorite points !

I think I should have receive 30 points for a mystery cache with 18 favorite points ...

You can only receive a maximum of 15 points for any cache log. While this was somewhat well-documented in the lead-up to the promotion (though not initially), this critical detail has been left out of the scoring table on the Friend League page.

1 hour ago, lison55 said:

Didn't receive 15 points more for finding a cache with more than 10 favorite points !

I think I should have receive 30 points for a mystery cache with 18 favorite points ...

There is a cap, the maximum number of points you can earn for any cache log is 15 points. We created an FAQ for this and other promotion-related questions.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, lison55 said:

Sorry; max 15 points per find. I forget where I read this.

Just checking in - we haven't done much caching since the promo started, but the scoring on what we have done has been accurate:

3/19/18 - 1 Traditional - 5 points - souvenir awarded

3/20/18 - 1 Traditional w/ 10+ fav points (and we added a couple more - it was a very ingenuious hide!) - 15 points and 2 additional souvenirs awarded
               3 Traditionals - 5 points each - total points at 35 as expected

Tomorrow we will find at least one, giving us 5 more points and the next souvenir.  We are also on a personal challenge to find and log at least one cache every day in 2018.  With some travel planned during this Planetary Pursuit, we should be able to easily get enough points and variety of caches, plus meet our daily challenge.  Without even really changing our caching habits, we'll get the whole thing.  Although today's cache with the fav points was choen with the PP in mind!

7 hours ago, SnowstormMK said:

There is a cap, the maximum number of points you can earn for any cache log is 15 points. We created an FAQ for this and other promotion-related questions.

The FAQ is OK, but the brief scoring table in the friend league is a bit different which most likely lead to lison55's confusion. He actually should have earned 35 points according that since he qualified for:

planetary_pursuit.png.016a6a07abcd63ea182264e7189725c8.png

+ 5 + 15 + 15 = + 35

:)

29 minutes ago, Pontiac_CZ said:

The FAQ is OK, but the brief scoring table in the friend league is a bit different which most likely lead to lison55's confusion. He actually should have earned 35 points according that since he qualified for:

planetary_pursuit.png.016a6a07abcd63ea182264e7189725c8.png

+ 5 + 15 + 15 = + 35

:)

To clear up confusion, it might be good to include in that box that "The maximum number of points you can earn for any cache log is 15 points".

18 hours ago, fbax said:

Excellent!  One issue is not yet resolved. I found 50 Mystery caches yesterday. Some where logged before issues were corrected. The scoring for all EXCEPT ONE have been fixed (GC78J4T); my first find of the day. This mystery is still reporting only 5 points. This is not a big deal for me because I have all 10 souvenirs; but it occurs to me that research into this issue might identify others still reporting incorrect scoring.

My scoring and souvenirs are now PERFECT! Thanks for quick resolution to issues during this promotion.

1 hour ago, JoenGPS said:

Wondering how long it takes for Souvenirs to show up. I have 43 points and only have Planetary: Earth (requires 5 points) Usually you get an immediate response as your logging. Lag = everyone playing today?

Well.... got my questioned answered, about an hour and they showed up :D..... no notification, the server(s) are probably churning at top speed!

Edited by JoenGPS
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, JoenGPS said:

Well.... got my questioned answered, about an hour and they showed up :D..... no notification, the server(s) are probably churning at top speed!

Your previous post was helpful. The souvenir service had halted and we had the engineers kick it back into proper working order.