Planetary Pursuit: Mystery cache scoring wrong

chamafox

When starting out on the first day of space exploration, I took a few caches and started logging them after the timer had gone down to zero and the page was updated. However, the first one, a mystery cache, did only yield 5 points as opposed to the 15 it should have. I logged a traditional cache after that, and that correctly yielded 5 points. This might be something that you want to fix quickly before a ton of people start logging this.

Regards: Chamafox

Excerpt:

1 d77e11e1-c75a-4d2e-b349-cf72a5c65caa.jpgYou 10
GC672ZH

03/19/2018
GC670T9

03/19/2018
16 minutes ago, hzoi said:

I was disappointed that I wasn't going to be able to get started on this right away, but it sounds like it may be worth waiting a bit to let the kinks get worked out.

There's nothing that says that you can't get started. Maybe just wait with logging the caches online til they fixed the problem, keep track of when you logged which cache, and if they don't fix the bugs today, just backdate the logs when you finally log the caches online. I'm going out for more caches today, and if I have to re-log the ones I already logged online, I will do so.

49 minutes ago, chamafox said:
52 minutes ago, hzoi said:

I was disappointed that I wasn't going to be able to get started on this right away, but it sounds like it may be worth waiting a bit to let the kinks get worked out.

There's nothing that says that you can't get started.

My work schedule this week disagrees with you.  :anibad:

• Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, TeAm G Winchester said:

Nothing stops us finding caches.  But the issue is this was hyped so big by Groundspeak, but it failed terrible on the first day.  They should have expected issues like this I would think there UAT/QA was very poor on this roll out.

Oh, I bet they just pushed the wrong version of the code to the live server and now they're trying to find out how to fix the score for the already logged caches without people having to relog them. :)

Thank you all for your patience. We have deployed a fix to the scoring bug, it is now working as intended. Souvenirs that would have been earned based on the correct point value will be applied retroactively, but it will take some time before you will see them on your profile.

Happy hunting!

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, SnowstormMK said:

Thank you all for your patience. We have deployed a fix to the scoring bug, it is now working as intended. Souvenirs that would have been earned based on the correct point value will be applied retroactively, but it will take some time before you will see them on your profile.

Happy hunting!

Nope, not fixed yet, I think.

Only the geocaches found AFTER the fix are correctly awarded points, none BEFORE the fix are corrected to reflect the proper amount.

Also, I too am missing my first Earth souvenir from my profile.

Any new updates on this? I tried re-logging my mystery find from this morning, but nothing changed. I’m still showing 5 points instead of 15. I wanted to do more today, but I’d rather not have to go back in and re-log everything, so I’m just waiting until it’s sorted out. Frustrating...

5 hours ago, SnowstormMK said:

Happy hunting!

I don't see that the scoring is working as intended.  I just now logged my first three finds of the day, all puzzle caches, and received 5 points per cache.  This is five hours after the supposed fix.

18 minutes ago, amineko said:

I don't see that the scoring is working as intended.  I just now logged my first three finds of the day, all puzzle caches, and received 5 points per cache.  This is five hours after the supposed fix.

I'm in agreement with amineko! This issue IS NOT YET FIXED.  I logged a MYSTERY a few moments ago; only got 5 points.

7 out of 16 of the mystery caches I logged today received only 5 points. Someone on facebook said to delete the finds since they were logged before the noon reset and re-log them and the points will straighten out.  I tried with one of the caches but the points didn't change. We did get our souvenirs for over 200 points. We currently show 233 points but with the points we are missing from only getting 5 points instead of 15 on 7 of the mysteries, we are missing out on 70 extra points which would put us over 300 points and another souvenir.

Edited by SerenityNow
31 minutes ago, LTF1971RFF1960 said:

Also no souviners yet

Interesting. I logged 8 of 50 mystery caches found today (only 5 points each)> This gives me 40 points which should produce 4 souvenirs; but only 3 have been awarded.

Edited by fbax
34 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

7 out of 16 of the mystery caches I logged today received only 5 points. Someone on facebook said to delete the finds since they were logged before the noon reset and re-log them and the points will straighten out.  I tried with one of the caches but the points didn't change. We did get our souvenirs for over 200 points. We currently show 233 points but with the points we are missing from only getting 5 points instead of 15 on 7 of the mysteries, we are missing out on 70 extra points which would put us over 300 points and another souvenir.

I tried deleting and re-logging a mystery cache just now.  No change to the incorrect amount of five points.

I logged 6 caches: 3 Traditional, 2 Mystery, 1 Multi (55 total points)... unfortunately, I received 5 points per each cache (30 total points)... moreover, when I logged the first cache (5 points) I did not received the Earth Souvenir... I received it only after the second cache logged (5 points)...

And I just noticed that with the 75 points that I have accumulated, I should have 5 souvenirs. Only the first 4 appeared (and fairly quickly after logging the requisite caches too). The 5th one is stubbornly refusing to appear. So I've got the missing mystery points and the missing souvenir problems. 

Edit: and no sooner do I complain and poof! it appears!

Edited by van der Decken

Good news everyone.

We have identified what was causing the issues and have deployed another fix. We still need to run a script to adjust incorrect score values, so it might be a while until you see the updated score/receive that missing souvenir.

Please let us know if you still experience issues. Thank you for your patience.

• Upvote 1

I got my souvenirs, but the scoring is still off. I logged two mystery caches (a total of 30 points) but it still says I have 20. It seems like I got the 15 points from when it got fixed, but I still got 5 points from before the fix. Also, the date is off. It says I logged a cache on 3/20/18, and I don't live in Australia, I live in California where 3/20/18 doesn't exist yet. Just some things I thought I'd let you know.

• I've found the answer to the error on my Mystery caches - the 5 found Mystery caches that received 15 points each, all had more than 10 favorite points each. The 10 Mystery caches that received 5 points each, all had less than 10 favorite points each. This was not how it was supposed to be but there is the problem in your software. Hope that helps.
54 minutes ago, Frau Potter said:

"Signal, we've had a problem here."

We had a rocky launch to the space voyage.
Several last minute calculations at ground control were needed, to change the orbit.
But we're off now.
Good luck to all the space explorers in their pursuit for planets!

Excellent!  One issue is not yet resolved. I found 50 Mystery caches yesterday. Some where logged before issues were corrected. The scoring for all EXCEPT ONE have been fixed (GC78J4T); my first find of the day. This mystery is still reporting only 5 points. This is not a big deal for me because I have all 10 souvenirs; but it occurs to me that research into this issue might identify others still reporting incorrect scoring.