Planetary Pursuit: Error in scoring mysteries

6 hours ago, Kerguillaume said:

You can delete log and relog just after.

Of course, you won't get your 1/10 Favorite Point when you do that. The Favorites system only grants 1/10 Favorite Point for the first Find log you post. If you delete that log, then you lose the 1/10 Favorite Point. If you later relog the Find, you do not get another 1/10 Favorite Point for the relog of the Find.

Gf and I logged same exact caches. We made sure it was after the start time for the event in our local time. 

She was credited 15 pts for the mystery cache we found and I was awarded 5. 

Also I had reached the 65 pts for Jupiter and it was not awarded. While it was awarded to her account.

the differences in our logging was, she logged the caches this evening when we got home, and I logged on the go using the Cachly app. 

Emails sent - very frustrated 

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, Reno8 said:

So if there is a 15 pt maximum for any cache what happens when you log a traditional with at least 10 favorite pts? Wouldn’t you get 20 pts? 5 for the cache and 15 for the favorite pts?

The maximum points for each log is 15. This was made clear in the Blog and on the score list as quoted earlier. Regardless of what scenario you envision, the maximum is still 15 points for any log. It's their game, and them's the rules.

• Upvote 2
16 minutes ago, spotter/g said:

So has anyone had some experience with the amount of points awarded for dropping TB's? if you find a High FP cache, and get 15 points, and then drop 3 TB's in the cache do you really get 27 total points?

Yes, it does appear that dropping a trackable is independent of finding a cache

Edited by Gill & Tony
40 minutes ago, K13 said:

The maximum points for each log is 15. This was made clear in the Blog and on the score list as quoted earlier. Regardless of what scenario you envision, the maximum is still 15 points for any log. It's their game, and them's the rules.

I guess I’m just curious why they would make a 10+ favorited cache 15 pts since the maximum for any cache is 15pts. It adds only 10 pts to a traditional, 5 pts to a multi and adds nothing to a mystery or earth. No cache would get the entire 15 pts.

41 minutes ago, spotter/g said:

So has anyone had some experience with the amount of points awarded for dropping TB's? if you find a High FP cache, and get 15 points, and then drop 3 TB's in the cache do you really get 27 total points?

Yes, I dropped a TB at a mystery cache I found this morning and got 15 points for the cache plus another 4 for the TB drop.

24 minutes ago, PlantAKiss said:

I guess this is the one bright spot to not being able to partipate for a while. I hope all the bugs have been worked out by the time I get to go caching. 

Yeah, I'll wait to log my finds from today. I should have 110 points for my 8 finds.

19 minutes ago, Team FiSuMi said:

I found 3 multis, all with more than 20 favorite points. But only 30 points have been credited to me. Should not I have gotten 45 points?

Yes, any cache with 10+ FP is supposed to give you 15 points. There was a bug discovered in the scoring, and fixes are being deployed.

21 hours ago, Teuto-Yachter said:

Hi,

status right now: Teutine and me both logged a find, both received the correct number of points on the friends' league (15 points each for a mystery and a trad with a lot of favorites) but did both not receive any souvenirs.

Let's wait and see... T.-Y.

Now everything's fine here, I have been awarded the two souvenirs, and another one for today's logs. Point count is correct, too.

Good job! :-)

T.-Y.

Edit to add: ...and I will always consider Pluto either a planet or a dog! ;-)

Edited by Teuto-Yachter