Planetary Pursuit: Error in scoring mysteries

HQ is probably aware that something is amiss re: scores, but I'd just like to provide a concrete example that might help with troubleshooting:

My friend and I both logged the same Letterbox (GC3VETN) under the exact same conditions (none of us dropped off any trackables, the cache had the same amount of FP's (9) when both of us logged etc.), but I got 10 points while she only got 5. Even if there were different conditions, she should at least have gotten 10 since it was a Letterbox.

The logs can be found here:

• Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, Kerguillaume said:

SnowstormMK

• Premium Member

Thank you all for your patience. We have deployed a fix to the scoring bug, it is now working as intended. Souvenirs that would have been earned based on the correct point value will be applied retroactively, but it will take some time before you will see them on your profile.

Happy hunting!

in my friendlist the scoring for me and my friends is still wrong, the fix does not fix it !!!

The scoring says maximum of 15 points per cache. Scoring seems to be fixed for new logs. But existing logs don't seem to be fixed.

Will people need to go back to each incorrectly scored log, copy the text, delete the log, and log again pasting the copied text?

Edit: It would be good to adjust the scoring graphic to say (as it said in the pre-hype) that there is a maximum of 15 points per cache. I'm attaching a screenshot showing what we were seeing.

PlanetPursuitPoints.jpg

Edited by BethKatzPA
added info about scoring graphic being incomplete
2 hours ago, Kerguillaume said:

SnowstormMK

• Premium Member

Thank you all for your patience. We have deployed a fix to the scoring bug, it is now working as intended. Souvenirs that would have been earned based on the correct point value will be applied retroactively, but it will take some time before you will see them on your profile.

Happy hunting!

The souvenirs will be retroactive; Great!  I was shorted 10 points; will those be retroactive as well?

• Upvote 1

It really stinks when you take the time to solve puzzles and make a plan so you can get to 500 pts (which isn’t easy with 6” of snow on the ground ) only to be shorted points and not be awarded the souvenirs you earned. Disappointing 

• Upvote 1

I have quite the opposite problem.  I was testing a GSAK macro yesterday, 12 hours BEFORE the promotion was due to start.   The macro dropped trackables into one of my archived caches and the retrieved them.  Now I have 44 points, having done nothing since the program began.

Not complaining, mind you, just saying.

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, skibum1 said:

I logged 15 Mystery caches today, but only received 15 points for 5 of them, 5 points each for 10 Mystery caches. WHY???

There was a bug in the system earlier today. Probably the most effective fix is to copy the text of your logs, delete the logs, and log the find again with the pasted text.

50 minutes ago, Teuto-Yachter said:

Hi,

status right now: Teutine and me both logged a find, both received the correct number of points on the friends' league (15 points each for a mystery and a trad with a lot of favorites) but did both not receive any souvenirs.

Let's wait and see... T.-Y.

I did not get a notice that I had earned the souvenirs.  But when I checked my souvenirs, they were there.