Missing TB from my cache container (photo)Richmond

Caching_Lizard

So I stopped by my cache to check on why a TB was missing that I dropped off at it and I found a couple had signed the log book but didn't register it on Geocaching.  Any thoughts on how to track these two people down and see if they picked up the TB from the cache and didn't log it?  

Any help would be appreciated not only by myself but the TB owner also.

IMG_4909.jpg

Edited by Caching_Lizard
27 minutes ago, RuideAlmeida said:

I would send them a nice email or message, asking if they saw the TB, by chance.

RuideAlmeida,  The problem with that is I can't locate their account name.  I did several searches for their names and nothing came up and since they didn/t log the find on Geocache...who knows what their account user name is, it could be different than how they signed the log book.

15 minutes ago, RuideAlmeida said:

I can find Postal17 at least...

Postal and Cyberelect both are regular cachers...I run into logs that Cyberelect has just signed all the time...it's like I'm following him or something...LOL...but I know that name as being a common name I see on logs all the time.  Postal17 is probably as common too since my partner said she remember seeing his/her name quite a few times on logs.

21 minutes ago, RuideAlmeida said:

Common or not, there will be only one nickname, so, send him/her a message or email. :)

But the TB went missing in Feb. not March.  It's most likely Erick & Erica on the log because Cyberelect mentioned that the TB was missing.

I'm hoping I can get the word out to Richmonders so if someone runs into these people geocaching that they can mention to them that I'm looking for them regarding a missing TB.

OR if someone here knows anything about these two people that they can contact them.  It appears they're not members of Geocaching.

1 hour ago, Caching_Lizard said:

Another note on this.....it was set as public also.  I have since changed it to Premium Users Only, which I should have done from the start.  Many non-members don't read the rules or understand what a TB is and how to log the finds.  

When someone creates an account, basic or premium, they're a member.   We're having more problems with premium members not logging correctly here, so I guess may depend on location.    :)

43 minutes ago, RuideAlmeida said:

... or anybody that didn't even bother to sign the logbook, please don't jump into conclusions so easily. ;)

It's almost like you jump to the conclusion that I was jumping to the conclusion.... I just want to find them to ask if they took it or not....please don't jump to a conclusion and then state that I'm jumping to a conclusion.....without locating these two people to ask them....there's no other evidence to go by.....I'm following the evidence trail...whether it leads to a conclusion or not.

Sorry that you would do or feel that way....must be rough living like that. 
Best wishes that you can get over that jumping to conclusions like that.  It's a good thing I didn't post anything like "THEY DID IT and are GUILTY!!! " Then I would be right there having those thoughts that someone is pointing a finger at you...but it's a good thing I didn't do that....nor would I do that.

Cheers.

I sense that you're trying to do the right thing by the trackable owner and see what happened to the TB that you placed in your cache.  However, putting an APB out in the area is going a little far. 

The two who signed the log may or may not be geocachers.  Non-geocachers come across geocaches all the time. 

If they are geocachers, maybe they're just late in logging, or maybe they don't log their finds online.  And if they're not, you're not going to be able to get word to them.

As the CO, you have the ability to mark this trackable missing.  Do that, and consider moving on and leaving the hunt for this trackable to the person who actually owns it.

If "Erick & Erica" are geocachers and eventually log a find, you can contact them, if you're still concerned about it. 

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Caching_Lizard said:

It's almost like you jump to the conclusion that I was jumping to the conclusion.... I just want to find them to ask if they took it or not....please don't jump to a conclusion and then state that I'm jumping to a conclusion.....without locating these two people to ask them....there's no other evidence to go by.....I'm following the evidence trail...whether it leads to a conclusion or not.

I find it quite rude when people pass gossip and attach my name in the process. If you don't understand that, then you should rethink putting out travel bugs. Just because you put one out, doesn't give you any rights to go tracking people down asking if they have it, or if they've seen it.

Essentially you gave up possession of it when you placed it to be picked up. No one owes you an explanation or an answer to your question.

Cheers 

On 20/03/2018 at 11:32 AM, garyo1954 said:

I find it quite rude when people pass gossip and attach my name in the process. If you don't understand that, then you should rethink putting out travel bugs. Just because you put one out, doesn't give you any rights to go tracking people down asking if they have it, or if they've seen it.

Essentially you gave up possession of it when you placed it to be picked up. No one owes you an explanation or an answer to your question.

Cheers 

Did you not notice that the OP did not say they are the TB owner and his references to it are "the TB" not "my TB"? And this bit " Any help would be appreciated not only by myself but the TB owner also"