Ontario's 1st Geocoin

Mystery Ink

In my travels came across a nice 2005 coin from up north.  Tried to see if there is a viable group from that area, but alas the sites seem to not have been updated for some time, which leaves me to think they are dead. 

Anyway, will put it back into the wild unless someone from there has a strong desire for it.

Mystery Ink

Check the tracking code for coin. If it's not trackable, then it may well be a very nice piece of swag.

If it is trackable, then if it's activated it has an owner. If it's not activated then you can really do with it as you please...

Which "sites" are you referring to that aren't active?  Geocaching.com is definitely still active :) as is Facebook... Or do you mean the coin names a localized or community caching group/organization, and you found their website but it seems to be defunct?

I'll 2nd TriciaG's comment - if it's in Ontario, chances are someone may know it or recognize it in the COG group she linked.

Swag it is, #0299

I knew it is not able to activated, many of these were made prior to or did not wish to pay the $1. to make tracable.  I have a bunch of my Found It and DNF coins I made in the early days that we just handed them out or sold when Marky had the track web site up. 

I'll just add it to my collection of non trackables and will the 50 pounds of coins when I pass into the geo heavens