Moving a Stage

PlantAKiss

I've looked for the answer to this but can't find it. I seem to remember in the old guidelines (which I think was a little meatier with information) some info on moving a stage of a multi. I THINK there was something about a limit as to how far a stage can be relocated without having to resubmit it as a new cache. I had Stage 1 of a multi go missing --first time in 11 years :(. I don't know who moved it (muggle?), but it makes me hesitant to replace as I had it. So I'm looking for another spot that is close but less eyes on it. I found a really great spot but I think it was about 140 feet away. I CAN find some place closer but it wouldn't be as perfect.  

So what is the distance rule about shifting a stage in a multi? I want this multi to be at its best before the new promotion since there MIGHT be more cachers coming. My caches don't get found too often now because all the locals have pretty much done them. 

Thanks for your input!

1 hour ago, PlantAKiss said:

Yes, the info was in that. It says you can move a stage less than 528 ft. That's a lot more than I thought. Awesome...I can keep the new placement. I was using "change stage placement", not "update geocache coordinates." Thank you so much!

That limit is relevant only to posted coordinates ("update geocache coordinates"). Stages and final has no limits when you move them but it is wise to ask permission from your local reviewer before you make such a move because the new place may be reserver for another cache you are not aware.

• Upvote 1