Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Tante.Hossi

Wrong Position in Category Master List

A few days ago I have posted my first waymark in the category 'Laser Tag Facilities'.

I found out that the category is located at the wrong position inside the Category Master List. It is listed inside the sub-category 'Winter (Sports)'. But a laser tag facility does not have any connections to winter sports. This is an error.

The position inside the Category Master List should be changed. It should be pushed to one level above.

Category Master List.jpg

This is nothing new. There are even worse placements like the "Historic Hand Operated Sluice Gates" under Historical Markers instead of Technology or Structures. And many other categories under Historical Markers are somewhat misplaced, because they are about listed sites, not markers or signs.

14 minutes ago, fi67 said:

This is nothing new. There are even worse placements like the "Historic Hand Operated Sluice Gates" under Historical Markers instead of Technology or Structures. And many other categories under Historical Markers are somewhat misplaced, because they are about listed sites, not markers or signs.

Yes, you are right!

Maybe we can collect them all here. The topic title fits perfect.
And someday (maybe the last day before Ragnarök) one of the site admins can correct all wrong positions at the same time.

1 hour ago, wayfrog said:

No idea what you're talking about?

Thank you again for all your recent waymark approvals.

Take at a look at the Category Master List.

http://www.Waymarking.com/cat/categorydirectory.aspx?f=1

Some of the categories are not in the correct position on the list even when the category is correctly categorized in the hierarchy.

Edited by elyob

I thought that might be sarcasm but I couldn't resist the chance to say thanks again.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, elyob said:

I thought that might be sarcasm but I couldn't resist the chance to say thanks again.

You're most welcome!

3 hours ago, wayfrog said:

I fixed already both categories. :ninja:

Thanks for the fast work!

Are there more categories at the wrong position anymore? Does anybody know some?

9 hours ago, elyob said:

Thank you again for all your recent waymark approvals.

wayfrog, BK-Hunters say thank you also for the recent approvals. 

Edited by BK-Hunters

On 3/16/2018 at 10:47 AM, wayfrog said:

Sorry elyob, I was kidding. I fixed already both categories. :ninja:

There's actually a Waymarking Admin? Who can fix things? Does Groundspeak know about this?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Snowdog said:

There's actually a Waymarking Admin? Who can fix things? Does Groundspeak know about this?

no, and don't tell them!