Yet another broken feature on the web site...

1 hour ago, The Snowdog said:

The > and >> arrows should you advance one page and ten pages, respectively. They do not work as they should. Once on pages 10-19 I could not get to pages 20-29, no matter what I did.

As recently as last year, that third set (pages 20-29) was available.  Sadly, I cannot get in there either. 

If you check on the still functional My Waymarks list, you will see that the > and >> arrows actually advance ten pages and all pages, respectively.

Edited by elyob

Well, since we're at it, here's another one. I have used decimal degrees plugged into the "Near" text field to search for "All Waymarks" "My Waymarks" & "Nearest Waymarks" for years, with zero problems. Suddenly a couple of weeks a go this feature became badly bent. Not broken, only bent, as I usually have to give it two or more tries to get the desired result. It matters not what breaks the coordinates into LAT and LONG. A comma, a comma and a space, a space or a tab have all worked perfectly, so it has nothing to do with that.

One thing I have found is that always hitting return after entering the coords gives me a slightly better chance of success.

The arrow thing (all four) works as advertised here. I wouldn't have known whether they work or not because this would be the first time in a year or more that I've clicked any of them.

Keith

Edited by BK-Hunters
44 minutes ago, BK-Hunters said:

Well, since we're at it, here's another one. I have used decimal degrees plugged into the "Near" text field to search for "All Waymarks" "My Waymarks" & "Nearest Waymarks" for years, with zero problems. Suddenly a couple of weeks a go this feature became badly bent. Not broken, only bent, as I usually have to give it two or more tries to get the desired result...

Keith

What do you see with the first tries, the failed searches?

20 hours ago, elyob said:

What does the failed search look like?  Is it an error message?  Is it a list of the newest waymarks?

It's "the results of the most recent successful search."

IE nothing on the page has changed. Above, the header says (paraphrasing) "All Waymarks within 10/50/100 [whichever is appropriate] kilometers of none".

Edited by BK-Hunters

Referring back to the original problem that began this topic (and not to the deviations that should have been separate topics), here are the results of my testing of page navigation links on a My Visits list that was 5 pages long:
1)  Clicking on a page number within square brackets always works correctly.  But unlike similar navigation systems on other Websites, the current page number appears to be a live link (which it isn't) instead of plain text.
2)  From page 1, all items outside the left bracket do nothing, which is correct (though they continue to look like links, which is incorrect).
3)  From any page after the first, "prev" goes to page 1, which is wrong unless you were at page 2.
4)  From any page after the first, the single and double left arrows go to the first page, as they should.
5)  From the last page, all items outside the right bracket do nothing, which is correct (though they continue to look like links, which is incorrect).
6)  From any page except the last, "next" goes to page 2, which is wrong unless you were at page 1.
7)  From any page except the last, the single and double right arrows go to the last page, as they should.
These results apply to both the page navigation links at the top of a list and those at the bottom of a list, and they explain why one correspondent thought it impossible to get to the third page ("next" doesn't work from the second page).

Whether these results apply to other kinds of lists, or to lists longer than 10 pages (hinted by an earlier reply in this thread), I do not know.  But this information should be sufficiently diagnostic to enable a competent programmer to fix the problem quickly.

Still broken, but I'm only "discovering" this now. Looking for a waymark I visited, it's now archived so searching through My Visits is the only way to locate it (since I don't know enough to try a google search for it)...but since the My Visits is broken, so is my hopes for finding the waymark

I can view the first 10 pages of visits, and the last 2 (page 41 and 42), but nothing in between those.

14 hours ago, Bon Echo said:

Still broken, but I'm only "discovering" this now. Looking for a waymark I visited, it's now archived so searching through My Visits is the only way to locate it (since I don't know enough to try a google search for it)...but since the My Visits is broken, so is my hopes for finding the waymark

I can view the first 10 pages of visits, and the last 2 (page 41 and 42), but nothing in between those.

When I open My Visits and click on 10 and afterwards on the ">" I get to the pages 11-20.