Favorites

rlscott

Hi! I'm about a month into Geocaching and am in love. It couldn't fit me better. 

However, in trying to learn about the game - I'm confused about favorites. I AM a Premium member. In order to be able to mark a cache as a favorite, do I need 10 favorite points first? I read the Help document on favorites but still don't really understand how it works. Is there a good resource to explain it?  

Thanks!!

In the new Dashboard, your "Favorites" total is under "Lists" to the left.

If using the "old" profile Dashboard, "Favorite points remaining" is under the stat bar on the right.

You should have received one FP just for becoming a PM.  All your finds count towards FPs your first time (of becoming PM), so unless you used one already, I'd think you have three to start.  You gain one FP each time you find ten caches afterwards.  That one Favorite Point is what you put on one of your favorite caches.  :)

Edited by cerberus1
On 3/13/2018 at 10:20 AM, cerberus1 said:

In the new Dashboard, your "Favorites" total is under "Lists" to the left.

If using the "old" profile Dashboard, "Favorite points remaining" is under the stat bar on the right.

You should have received one FP just for becoming a PM.  All your finds count towards FPs your first time (of becoming PM), so unless you used one already, I'd think you have three to start.  You gain one FP each time you find ten caches afterwards.  That one Favorite Point is what you put on one of your favorite caches.  :)

Good to know! Never realized there was a count on favorites.