Tale of two spikes...

slinger91

I love it! heheh

Strange though... The picture of the silver spike looks exactly like the picture of the gold spike... How did the silver spike get it's picture taken on my black pillow!! heh Your spike must be the evil-twin or alter-ego of the gold one...

I hope it brings you many adventures! Maybe when the two spikes meet, it will be some sort of SUPER cache event icon_wink.gif

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

N 45 30.ish

W 122 58.ish

I love it! heheh

Strange though... The picture of the silver spike looks exactly like the picture of the gold spike... How did the silver spike get it's picture taken on my black pillow!! heh Your spike must be the evil-twin or alter-ego of the gold one...

I hope it brings you many adventures! Maybe when the two spikes meet, it will be some sort of SUPER cache event icon_wink.gif

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

N 45 30.ish

W 122 58.ish

Doug and I remeber the 'live or Memorex' thing too (we were children of the 80's too! icon_eek.gif)

I side with fractal. This is *definitely* the same photo doctored to make the spike look silver. You can't hide it (you're probably not trying to anyway), I compared the photos side-by-side! Anyhow I'm just trying (if only in vain) to show how 'with it' I am! I think the gold and silver spike thing is cool too, 'long as people don't get confused. Am I beginning to feel a friendly WA/OR thing develop here?...

--laurak of dasein

Doug and I remeber the 'live or Memorex' thing too (we were children of the 80's too! icon_eek.gif)

I side with fractal. This is *definitely* the same photo doctored to make the spike look silver. You can't hide it (you're probably not trying to anyway), I compared the photos side-by-side! Anyhow I'm just trying (if only in vain) to show how 'with it' I am! I think the gold and silver spike thing is cool too, 'long as people don't get confused. Am I beginning to feel a friendly WA/OR thing develop here?...

--laurak of dasein

quote:
The picture of the silver spike looks exactly like the picture of the gold spike

DOH! I completely missed that icon_smile.gif

quote:
Doug and I remeber the 'live or Memorex' thing too (we were children of the 80's too!

80's ?!? I was a child of the 60's - I can only remember as far back as the 80's, although I do vaguely recall something about "takes a licking and keeps on ticking..." icon_smile.gif

-

quote:
The picture of the silver spike looks exactly like the picture of the gold spike

DOH! I completely missed that icon_smile.gif

quote:
Doug and I remeber the 'live or Memorex' thing too (we were children of the 80's too!

80's ?!? I was a child of the 60's - I can only remember as far back as the 80's, although I do vaguely recall something about "takes a licking and keeps on ticking..." icon_smile.gif

-

quote:
Originally posted by dasein:

Am I beginning to feel a friendly WA/OR thing develop here?

Orego-Washi relationships have always been friendly in the geocaching world, as far as i know. We had a summit at the Barley Mill a few moons ago. It should continue that way until we get the bi-state geo-futbol game going. After that starts, toll booths will be erected on the interstate and glen jackson bridges, and a checkpoint station will pop up on I-82, downtown Milton-Freewater, and on Hwy. 129 near Boggan's Oasis. Until that happens, i will continue to flash my ODL at north-of-the-border circle-K's with pride as i announce, 'no sales tax, please.'

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

Is this gonna turn into some strange rivalry... the Oregon crowd trying to swipe the silver spike, Washington grabing the gold... and running it up a random flag pole? I'm seeing all sorts of possibilities here...

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again..." Mt. 13:44

But no rivalry is intended. We just liked the idea that much. However, we did decide that the predecessor spikes were a little borring. icon_biggrin.gif

Meet, Sophie.

---------------------------------------

"We never seek things for themselves -- what we seek is the very seeking of things."

Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)

Everyone knows real railroad spikes are masculine which makes me wonder...is there a spike beneath that dress? icon_wink.gif

No doubt Sophie isn't just an altered image of the original, and from the smoothness of her 'skin' she apparently isn't one of my original brood.

Regardless, ya just gotta love those "spike" heels icon_smile.gif

-

Well, due to the modern miracle of the hot glue gun, Sohpie's outfit is permanent. And, although I won't comment on whether there's a spike under that dress, careful inspection of the photos does reveal what appears to be some uh,... augmentation in the uh... chest area. icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

"We never seek things for themselves -- what we seek is the very seeking of things."

Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)

So we've got the oregon spike, the new washington spike has recently been introduced, and now the montana spike has come aboard. When the hell is idaho gonna get with the program? An event cache at the Blues Bouquet in downtown Boise would be right up my alley.

As would an event cache at the Owl in downtown Livingston, MT, by the way.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

quote:
Originally posted by skydiver:

But no rivalry is intended. We just liked the idea that much. However, we did decide that the predecessor spikes were a little borring. icon_biggrin.gif

Meet, http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=6376&IID=8815.

Way to go skydiver! How very Barbie-ish. I am now waiting to see a Ken spike and a Sophie Malibu playhouse for them to both live in. Ken spike better watch out for G.I. Joe spike as he is also interested in Sophie. Oh, a love triangle.

I am thinking about this WAY too much.. icon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Wander Lost:

We'll be up many nights trying to top CSI.

I have to work all weekend, I get teased by the CSI cache, I see cryptic "we had fun" logs on the cache page, and the spike holder doesn't give me more meat than this?! I say you owe it to your geobretheren to tell us what went on! Just tuggin' on your leg icon_wink.gif -- can you tell us some juicy tidbits that won't give away future caches/events? Between missing this one and Seth!'s I'm really feeling lonely icon_frown.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Bodoni:

-- can you tell us some juicy tidbits that won't give away future caches/events? Between missing this one and Seth!'s I'm really feeling lonely icon_frown.gif

There was a murder, a kidnapping and lots of beer. icon_biggrin.gif

As far as the next event. In keeping with the spike it will involve a train......in some way or other.

smile02.gif If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people??

icon_geocachingwa.gif

Well for all of you who didn't make it to CSI it was quite the adventure. There was alot of "what the hell are they doing" looks from the local soccer team parents, as we were in a park in centralia that involves alot of sports. I had to actually "recruit" a few of the 10 year old players as they were very interested in all the blood all over the park bench. The ended up being under cover CSI agents posing as 10 year old soccor players...hahahahaha Slinger actually forgot how to get to the final place and ended up going the wrong way. Luckily, I rode with Tazitude and his wife so everyone else got directed in the right direction as slinger went the opposite way..LOL He eventually figured out we were going the other way and followed suit. my sister was abducted at the soccer park by sixstring and taken to the final where we "saved" her. Ah anyways to make a long story short, ya'll missed a good time.

15160_400.JPG

Don't you think I am beautiful...LOL Slingers handy work with the wal-mart special bottle of blood..hahaha