Can't See Log When Pasted

When using the app for a day of caching, I will often type a log in a note app. I then copy the text from the note and paste it into the log when I find a geocache. I then type something cache-specific at the end of the pasted text. A problem occurs when a lengthy log is pasted and I add to it. The log will not scroll up and the text is not visible due to the on screen keyboard. I would like to see this bug fixed.

On 3/5/2018 at 5:57 PM, South Lyon Trekkers said:

When using the app for a day of caching, I will often type a log in a note app. I then copy the text from the note and paste it into the log when I find a geocache. I then type something cache-specific at the end of the pasted text. A problem occurs when a lengthy log is pasted and I add to it. The log will not scroll up and the text is not visible due to the on screen keyboard. I would like to see this bug fixed.

I’ve made a report of this issue in a recent thread as well, very annoying . Hope it gets fixed..

On 3/9/2018 at 9:28 AM, HCompleto said:

Is there any reason as to why you don't write your log as a draft? It's much easier and saves you the trouble of having to be copy/pasting it from another app to the Geocaching App.

The OP might have a paragraph that's the same for all caches, plus text unique to that cache.  I've done something similar when caching with friends, to say who I'm with at the cache and why we're all together, trying to make it not seem repetitive for each cache.  I don't like to read the exact same copy/pasted paragraphs in cache logs, so I don't impose it on others. But I also never make the App do anything strenuous.  I've lost too many stories while trying to type much into the App.  I use drafts or type a short log, take notes and wait til I'm at a PC to type the whole story. :cute:

Edited by kunarion