Downloading pockets queries to the app

I have never downloaded a pocket query to my app and was wondering how to go about doing it. I have a buddy who has solved all of the puzzles for a Geoart and has emailed me the pocket query (gpx file). How do I go about importing that into my Galaxy 8 phone so that I hale all of the solved coords on my phone?

I don't believe the app supports opening a GPX file.  You'd need to create your own PQ or list and then make it available offline in your app.  That wouldn't bring over the corrected coordinates, though.

I know there are other partner apps out there; one or more of them may support loading GPX files directly.  If so, hopefully someone else can post one that works.

8 hours ago, DRJDSmith said:

I have never downloaded a pocket query to my app and was wondering how to go about doing it. I have a buddy who has solved all of the puzzles for a Geoart and has emailed me the pocket query (gpx file). How do I go about importing that into my Galaxy 8 phone so that I hale all of the solved coords on my phone?

I have The Official Geocaching App for official business :anicute:, and Locus Maps Pro (and 1 or 2 others) for everything else. 

As hzoi mentioned, the Official App is for accessing the Geocaching database in predefined ways, just for communication with the site.  I don't think it uses "GPX Files" at all.  In some cases you can use another user's Pocket Query URL, the link to their "active query" with all of its settings, so you can run your own PQ which shows up in the App.  But then of course you don't receive corrected coords.

Other Apps can load GPX files.  Look here: https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=125&pgid=826.  Or search "Geocaching" in the Play Store.

"GDAK" might do the trick. 

Be careful about loading other people's "GPX" Pocket Queries.  I'm not sure what issues there may be if you commingle more than one player's data like that in some App.  But if there's a big problem when doing so, you could be out of luck... you agreed to not do that. B)

Edited by kunarion

Geooh Live for Android can load GPX files and Pocket Queries directly, in addition to Bookmark lists. Another feature is the app can open a public bookmark list without having to even create a PQ or GPX file... which could have benefited the original poster if their buddy made their list public.

And a feature unique to Geooh is the ability for Geooh users to share their offline lists lists wirelessly by just standing next to each other.