Still no App

Team Farkle 7

2011 is the last time I was able to post a waymark. Our computer died but since we had have tablets we never bothered to replace it. Unfortunately when trying to post a waymark from my tablet I couldn't post pictures because the tablet has no C drive. So I waited and hoped one day there would be an app for Waymarking. Since I had created a few categories and am an officer in many others I dutifully paid my membership fee for the past seven years hoping I would one day be able to enjoy posting waymark again. I'm tired of waiting. I'm tired of the emails when something doesn't go right. Etc, etc. How long has geocaching had an app? A while now. So, I get it. Waymarking truly is Groundspeak's red-headed step-child. I get it and I'm done waiting for something that ain't gonna happen. However, unlike others in the past who just disappear, for the categories I started, I assigned new leaders. For any other categories, whatever. I no longer care. 

Edited by Team Farkle 7
8 hours ago, Team Farkle 7 said:

2011 is the last time I was able to post a waymark. Our computer died but since we had have tablets we never bothered to replace it. Unfortunately when trying to post a waymark from my tablet I couldn't post pictures because the tablet has no C drive. So I waited and hoped one day there would be an app for Waymarking. Since I had created a few categories and am an officer in many others I dutifully paid my membership fee for the past seven years hoping I would one day be able to enjoy posting waymark again. I'm tired of waiting. I'm tired of the emails when something doesn't go right. Etc, etc. How long has geocaching had an app? A while now. So, I get it. Waymarking truly is Groundspeak's red-headed step-child. I get it and I'm done waiting for something that ain't gonna happen. However, unlike others in the past who just disappear, for the categories I started, I assigned new leaders. For any other categories, whatever. I no longer care. 

An official Waymarking app is probably never going to happen. Thank you for having taken care of your categories!

But I have a question: What is the connection between the existence of a C drive and the ability to upload pictures?

2 hours ago, Team Farkle 7 said:

When you're done writing up a waymark and you go to upload pix on your computer, it's set up to find them from your hard drive. From a phone or tablet, it doesn't know what to do.

I once had an early iPhone that would not let me upload pictures, but all other mobile devices I have been using since did not have a problem with it. You just have to store the pictures in a location the browser can access.

• Upvote 1

I recall from an earlier discussion that the phone app, by choice, does not do everything that you need to submit a waymark.  The idea being (I think) to inhibit low quality waymarks that are quickly drummed up on a phone, where it is harder to type in quality descriptions and so on.  I may be wrong, but this is what I recall from a few years ago.  The idea is to give you something that you can use to "stub" the waymark, then finish it later when you have time to finish your research and so on.

At any rate, I still have the issue that I have to login to it every time I start it up from scratch.  It only remembers my login if I leave it running in the background.  And yes, I do have cookies enabled, except 3rd party cookies.