Pregnancy announcement

Kinderladen16

Little back story first: we used to geocache as one of our dates when we were dating. He then proposed using a geocache he’d made himself. We have a daughter and have been trying for baby #2 recently. I would like to be able to surprise him via a geocache. I just don’t know what all to put in it. We have some stuff from previous caches we never used as we started only finding micro ones. I was thinking maybe a pacifier with a tag on it that announces the due date with our name on it....

• Love 1
On 26/02/2018 at 8:06 PM, coman123 said:

Put a envelope in the geocache with his name on it. inside place an ultrasound photo in it.

Or a birthday card

I agree with this, perhaps try and do this on the same day of going to the cache. You could find a cache related to a baby or something? We have a local one which is find the stick baby on the stick people trail, it was amazing! This would have been perfect. 

so just found out that I am pregnant!! going to tell hubby this weekend (also happens to be daughter's 2nd bday). I found out last weekend (got confirmed yesterday with blood work) so I don't have an ultrasound. I do have a binky, a big sister shirt, and a few other baby things that I might use. couldn't really find a card that I liked to announce.... might write a note and put it in as that's kinda how he proposed. *shrug* 

just trying to figure out how to write clues... I think I have a location, a park that has a playground for little miss to play on.

5 minutes ago, Kinderladen16 said:

so just found out that I am pregnant!! going to tell hubby this weekend (also happens to be daughter's 2nd bday). I found out last weekend (got confirmed yesterday with blood work) so I don't have an ultrasound. I do have a binky, a big sister shirt, and a few other baby things that I might use. couldn't really find a card that I liked to announce.... might write a note and put it in as that's kinda how he proposed. *shrug* 

just trying to figure out how to write clues... I think I have a location, a park that has a playground for little miss to play on.

Congrats!!

We had a running joke because my wife made a bird house and stuffed a "#1 Grand mom" shirt in it as a way of telling her parents (on soon to be G-Mom b-day), he is the oldest grand kid and each successive one was announced the same way.  Can I suggest, if time allows, creating a cache in something coffee can size and placing any of these items in it, name the cache something memorable and use the coordinates to locate before it goes public.  I see a lot of FTF around me that are "got location from hider x before it was published".  This way you can ensure that he finds it before someone has your binky as swag.

2 hours ago, Kinderladen16 said:

Don't let your hubby know that we knew before him!

2 hours ago, StumblinMonk said:

I see a lot of FTF around me that are "got location from hider x before it was published". 

:wacko:

1 hour ago, Lynx Humble said:
20 hours ago, StumblinMonk said:

I see a lot of FTF around me that are "got location from hider x before it was published". 

I wouldn't call it a FTF if I got that kind of information. It's cheating to claim a FTF that way.

It isn't a claim. It's just fact. The person who got the location before the listing was published was the first to find (FTF) the cache.

The honor of first to find after publication (FTFAP) is still available.