Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
tjbigcountry

communicator

When sending a cache to my GPS at download I get the message communicator not found. Has anyone had this issue. I uses a Magellan eXplorist GC. Have used it for

over 900 finds and all of a sudden i cant get it to work. so far tech support at Magellan hasnt helped to find the problem.Thanks,

Joyce

21 minutes ago, tjbigcountry said:

all of a sudden i cant get it to work.

Do a search for "communicator" on these forums and read up on the issue dating back to 2014(!!).

In short, it's dead, it has been for a long time. There are alternatives, lists, PQs....

Don't forget the GPX file button!

Is the list option also for Magellan? I thought it was only for Garmin...

14 minutes ago, HHL said:

Sure.. but how long will people jump through hoops to keep it working? Better to work with the alternatives than keep looking for just that one configuration that still works.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, on4bam said:

Sure.. but how long will people jump through hoops to keep it working? Better to work with the alternatives than keep looking for just that one configuration that still works.

Right. But let the people decide themself instead of repeating a false statement.

1 hour ago, HHL said:

Right. But let the people decide themself instead of repeating a false statement.

I think people who are just now finding out "communicator broke" are better served with long(er) lasting solutions instead of trying to find just that one browser that still allows the plugin. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, on4bam said:

Do a search for "communicator" on these forums and read up on the issue dating back to 2014(!!).

In short, it's dead, it has been for a long time. There are alternatives, lists, PQs....

Edited by ktrum