Pocket Query of Archived Caches??

JoPo2010

I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to compile a list of archived caches? Pocket queries don't seem to have the option, so maybe there's some other way?

I'm trying to find the listing for an old cache that I didn't find way back when (and didn't log as a DNF--doh).

Thank you in advance.

JoPo2010

I don't think I was clear.  I am trying to find the listing for an old cache that I didn't find way back when, not to log my DNF, but to compare with another cache that has been recently published in the same area.

But I know that there are challenge caches that require a certain number of DNFs in order to log the challenge as a find.  That might be a reason someone would want to log their DNF to an archived cache?

Edited by JoPo2010
1 hour ago, hzoi said:

Is it really five star difficulty to have 100 DNFs?  I wish it had been that difficult to accumulate our 907 (and counting).

It's actually very easy for me to DNF a cache. I guess the difficulty is in getting your list put together? (I've heard GSAK has a steep learning curve.)

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, hzoi said:

Putting together a list of one's DNFs is so easy, even an East Texan can do it:laughing:

(don't get riled, I was a temporary El Pasoan for a while)

I was being a bit sarcastic there, justifying the D5 of the cache in question. 

I learned this afternoon that my work in Midland is coming to a close, so I will be back in East Texas soon, for the first time in two years. Woohoo for real trees!

On 2/26/2018 at 2:39 PM, hzoi said:

Is it really five star difficulty to have 100 DNFs?  I wish it had been that difficult to accumulate our 907 (and counting).

And doesn't this violated the guidelines?  

". If you find it, but haven’t posted 100 DNF’s, please put it back and come back when you’ve met the requirements!"   A CO can't enforce a revisit to the location of the physical cache after the criteria has been met. 

10 hours ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

And doesn't this violated the guidelines?  

". If you find it, but haven’t posted 100 DNF’s, please put it back and come back when you’ve met the requirements!"   A CO can't enforce a revisit to the location of the physical cache after the criteria has been met. 

To be fair, the cache predates the clarification that the signing and qualification can happen in any order. It also seems fairly clear from the next sentence that they just don't want people logging it as a find if they haven't met the requirements. They aren't enforcing a policy of qualify-and-then-sign as can be seen by some of the notes, so there isn't a problem.

On February 23, 2018 at 7:34 PM, JoPo2010 said:

I'm trying to find the listing for an old cache that I didn't find way back when (and didn't log as a DNF--doh).

Thank you in advance.

JoPo2010

Maybe a long shot but if you can remember the cache owner name you can go to their profile page and open the list of their owned caches.  Archived caches will still be in their list.

Another possible way is if you know someone that found it, they might be able to track it down in their list of found caches and give you the GC code.

On 2/26/2018 at 2:39 PM, hzoi said:

Yes it is.  Suppose that an average of 15 minutes was spent on each DNF, which is probably about my average.  Accumulating 100 DNFs would therefore have required an investment of 25 hours of time!  That surely warrants a high rating.