PEPASH13

pepash13

I'm planning a trip and would like todo a pocket querrie. Or what ever it is called. I can't do it. Geocahing  does not respond to any of my Messages. Can anyone help me with it. I'm new to using a phone. I'm back to caching after some years. I got the premium  membership yet wondering why I wasted the time .. Is there a class on this. Is there a place where I can talk to a person? Is there someone who can talk to  me like a three year old without a phone.. I don't understand the lingo..of the phone.. pinch, blahhhh.. Isthere anyone near who can help me/ I'm going to quit due to no events...no where to learn no emails answered .. I'm aggravated as hell. I'mplanning a month in advance and I can't get anyone to show me the ropes.. I probalby won't even be able to find this page again. Been asking for a week and now have three weeks until schedule departure. Does anyone have the time , energy to help me.. I never knew I have to be an expert on the laptop and phone to play a game that is outdorors.. smh. I'll have to find something else.. I'm so tired of it. 

I ran through the basics of Pocket Queries in that thread a couple of days ago.  Pocket Queries are cool, and you should get familiar with them.

But when someone has The App, they can make "Lists" to load a bunch of caches at once even more easily:
https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=7&pgid=283

For example, do a search, and if you like the results, click the top left square in the results, Click "Add XXX to a List", and do that.  Then open the App, and the list is right there in the App already.  It's that easy.  You can even do something like that entirely inside the App.

Plus once you get the hang of Pocket Queries, The App can use those, too.

Edited by kunarion

If you need an in person walkthrough, attending an event might help.  Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any coming up in South Carolina any time soon.  Maybe try reaching out to some of the local cache owners to see if they can sit down with you and go over things.

(Also, no need to give up when you don't get an instant response - just keep in mind that Friday night is not exactly the best time to get hold of folks.)

Edited by hzoi
On 2/26/2018 at 11:41 AM, hzoi said:

If you need an in person walkthrough, attending an event might help.  Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any coming up in South Carolina any time soon.  Maybe try reaching out to some of the local cache owners to see if they can sit down with you and go over things.

(Also, no need to give up when you don't get an instant response - just keep in mind that Friday night is not exactly the best time to get hold of folks.)

Or pepash13 could host his own event.. I've done that when I needed help with certain things.

Well, Geocaching is not like a "plug your batteries in and go full throttle" hobby.

How about developing slowly into it. Go step by step. Start by searching simple Tradis, get used to generl therms and functions. Then proceed on to more comlicated stuff like Multis, understand how coordinates and bearing works. Getting familiar with the homepage by browsing arround, checking out options, trying stuff out.

Have fun, you´ll make it!

Edited by DerDiedler
  • Helpful 1