Wednesday night cache crew?

Team JOYSON

Whatever happened to all of the Wednesday night get togethers? Seems like most of the stuff here lately has been Fridays & Weekends. Are there any plans for Wednesday night caching, or is this more of a summer crew?

Hard work often pays off after time, but procrastination always pays off now.

Great idea Team JOYSON, I'm sure there will be a lot of interest in a weekly gathering with big turnouts. Lucky you have a large house.

Ah... what was the address again?

Charlie Trail Duster -

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Wednesday nights have been cancled. I REPEAT, WEDNESDAY NIGHTS HAVE BEEN CANCLED. IN PLACE OF THE NOW DEFUNCT WENESDAY NIGHT GET TOGETHER IS THE NEW AND IMPROVED TUESDAY NIGHT GET TOGETHER. So mark your calendars, set your clocks back, whatever you need to do so you don't forget. WEDNESDAY IS OUT!! TUESDAY IS IN.

WEDNESDAY BAD, TUESDAY GOOD!!

REPEAT THIS TO YOURSELF 10 TIMES EVERY NIGHT TILL YOU GET IT RIGHT. Thank you for your cooperation.

quote:
Originally posted by Sassquatch:

WEDNESDAY IS OUT!! TUESDAY IS IN.

WEDNESDAY BAD, TUESDAY GOOD!!

We're really beginning to feel sorry for poor Sassquatch. Can't we just alternate between 2 or 3 different days of the week? (One of them a Tuesday, obviously.) That way everyone will be able to make it at one time or another. And the regular get togethers should start soon. Why wait until the rain stops? And we don't mean just get together and drink beer. Let's get together and find caches (or place a cache or two). Afterwards we drink beer!

Our feet are itching, and it ain't from a fungus! icon_biggrin.gif

--Temporarily French Polynesia's most prolific geocachers!

quote:
Originally posted by The Quantum Mechanic:

Hey! you can feel sorry for me too. I not only have to work the same shift as Sassquatch, but I also have to work with him (kinda). So hows about a little sympathy over here?

Sending loves your way, here goes!

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif)

While visiting a new cache earlier today, I came a cross a Golden Spike in the cache. Remembering the discussion here, I recalled that it had some significance - so I took it along. However, the real problem with it is that the Travel bug tag that I think may have accompanied it at one time is gone. As such, I cannot log it as the Goulden's Spike.

Also, Since it has apparently been in Dr. Isotopes lab, I am wondering if I should turn this over to the Department of Energy for fear of radioactivity!

Any suggestions?

--- hcook1

P.S. If what I have is indeed the Goulden's Spike, then I am willing to follow-through on the stated purpose of the spike. However, If Dr. Isotope hase more devisive plans for this ...

--- hcook1

People may not remember exactly what you did, or what you said,

... but they will always remember how you made them feel.

Sorry to disappoint you, but it's not THE SPIKE you're thinking it is. There are other golden, and also silver spikes out there that people leave as trade items. Hopalong and HobbleAlong Cachedy often leave a gold and/or silver spike in a cache.

Sassquatch was the last to snag the Goulden's Spike. All of us 'Wednesday Crew' are very careful with the spike--we treat it like gold! Still have it, don't you Sassquatch?

Temporarily French Polynesia's most prolific geocachers!

quote:
Originally posted by dasein:

Sassquatch was the last to snag the Goulden's Spike. All of us 'Wednesday Crew' are very careful with the spike--we treat it like gold! Still have it, don't you Sassquatch?

Ummmm.....I think I'm safe in speaking for Sassquatch and myself on this. THERE IS NO WEDNESDAY CREW! ALL WEDNESDAY ACTIVITIES HAVE BEEN MOVED TO TUESDAYS. This has been a public service announcement.

-Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of.-

quote:
Originally posted by The Quantum Mechanic:

Ummmm.....I think I'm safe in speaking for Sassquatch and myself on this. THERE IS NO WEDNESDAY CREW! ALL WEDNESDAY ACTIVITIES HAVE BEEN MOVED TO TUESDAYS. This has been a public service announcement.

You might want to start a new topic without the 'Wednesday' in the topic? That's why I put 'Wednesday night' cache crew in quotes, so as not to leave you guys out. You and Sassquatch (don't forget your buddy MardiGras Man!) are WAY too cool to leave out. Plus MGM gave me some Mardi Gras beads without me having to show him my you-know-whats, so your whole 'Tuesday crew' is alright by me!

--laurak of dasein

ATTENTION from one of the co-founders of the Tuesday night cache crew.

Been a little busy lately. Went to Dallas for training (scaring campers, whooping wildly, ect...) Managed to go over 200 finds while I was down there. Oh, hey oregone, the girls at Hooters say hi. And now, you know how everyone you talk to gets dismissed from jury duty? Well, I'm on the jury. A young Yeti left some scat where humans could find it and he must be dealt with. Anyway, yes, I do have the real spike. I might try to think of something spike worthy or maybe we could just go bowling