Cache owner trackable etiquette

velarmarque

16 hours ago, velarmarque said:

... As a cache owner, is it bad etiquette to move on a trackable someone has left in "my" cache?

As a trackable owner and "mover", I'm happy if the cache I drop a trackable in gets picked up by the cache owner - it says that owner is watching their cache, and is involved enough in this "game" to go get it to help it move along!  In my mind, it's more likely to be moved on to another good cache ...

On the flip side, I have seen trackables dropped in one of my caches that is conducive to that type of activity, and if they have a mission I can help with, I'll go grab it from the cache to put in my inventory.  Then I know it will be taken care of!  I also place my own trackables in my own caches to get them started on their journey...

• Upvote 2
11 hours ago, CAVinoGal said:

As a trackable owner and "mover", I'm happy if the cache I drop a trackable in gets picked up by the cache owner - it says that owner is watching their cache, and is involved enough in this "game" to go get it to help it move along!  In my mind, it's more likely to be moved on to another good cache ...

On the flip side, I have seen trackables dropped in one of my caches that is conducive to that type of activity, and if they have a mission I can help with, I'll go grab it from the cache to put in my inventory.  Then I know it will be taken care of!  I also place my own trackables in my own caches to get them started on their journey...

Same here.

14 hours ago, CAVinoGal said:

I kinda agree with most, and if we know a CO's stopping and moving trackables time-to-time, we'll sometimes leave an unactivated sig coin as a thanks for looking out.  :)

- But, we've also seen quite a few COs  hoarding trackables grabbed from their own caches (for future caches or what, who knows...)  like the many "hotel" owners we've caught,  So I wouldn't generalize, but state that until witnessing their actions a while, only say that  CO is keeping track of their hides.

20 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

- But, we've also seen quite a few COs  hoarding trackables grabbed from their own caches (for future caches or what, who knows...)  like the many "hotel" owners we've caught,  So I wouldn't generalize, but state that until witnessing their actions a while, only say that  CO is keeping track of their hides.

I haven't seen (and maybe I haven't been around long enough) though I have heard of people hoarding trackables; I would hope that's rare.  If I pick up a trackable, from my own cache or from another, I will do my best to move it along and leave it in a "safe" place to be picked up by another cacher.  Am I naive to think most cachers will do the right thing?

Anyway, to get back to the OP's original question, I would say it's fine to retrieve a trackable from your own cache hides, especially if, and as long as you intend to move them along as you would any other trackable.

On 21/02/2018 at 1:06 PM, velarmarque said:

Hi All. First post, please forgive me if this is a dumb question, but I haven't found an answer after a good bit of searching. As a cache owner, is it bad etiquette to move on a trackable someone has left in "my" cache?

Thanks in advance for any help!

I discover the tb but leave it in the cache for the next finder

On 21/02/2018 at 7:48 PM, Twentse Mug said:

As an owner of trackables, I would be very happy if you do that. I'm happy with every move of my trackables (and disappointed with the discover logs).

I agree but as an owner of trackables but as an owner of caches I disagree. It should the next finder to move the tb on unless the owner can achieve the goal.