First timer

4dewalls

One of many links to searches on the issue of browsers no longer working with plugins (for security issues).  

As a basic member you're kinda limited in options.  This Help Center link has what options may be available.  

Even if you went PM, "Send to Garmin" wouldn't work for you, as you have a GPSr not compatible.

Loading caches manually is an option though too.  It fits me well, and I've been loading caches manually since starting the hobby.  :)

I have a Magellan 310. 

I have found the plugins don't work and I save the GPX file and put it right into the folder on the unit when I connect it to the computer. I am also quite new at this and new to the Magellan and this is the best I have figured out this far.  

The following is a copy and paste reply that I received in another Forum I'm not sure if it a hundred percent apply to your specific unit but maybe there's something here you'll find a value.

"

used to have a Magellan Explorist unit awhile ago and can probably help answer some questions. Are you a premium member and can create pocket queries? Because that's the absolute easiest way of getting caches into the Magellan:
(1) create pocket query
(2) download & unzip pocket query
(3) connect the Magellan with your computer & open it like a file folder
(4) there are 2 files from your pocket query: the caches & the associated waypoints - put the waypoints file in the waypoints folder in your Magellan, and the other file into the geocaches folder in your Magellan

Absolutely the easiest way - if you're not a premium member then you need to either:
(1) download each cache you're interested in separately (download the GPX file and put it in the geocaches folder, download the LOC waypoint file and put it in the waypoint folder)
(2) get the software for the Magellan so that you can use the "Send to my GPS" button on the cache - I could never get that software to work properly when I had my Magellan." 

The Garmin Communicator plug-in won't work unless you are using an old outdated browser.  The browser providers have deemed them security risks and blocked them in their updates for some time now.  There are many forum threads on this topic.

You are a basic member so your choices are downloading the .gpx file (I saw on another forum thread this is possible but I'm not guaranteeing that works because it didn't used to be that way) or enter the coordinates manually.

Premium membership offers more options for downloading caches to your Garmin.