Been Away for A While...Wondering About Apps

retatcdude

Another of those odd timeline things again, where the reply is above the OP.   :D

The other 2/3rds has a couple hand/wrist-held GPSrs, but cached most days only with her iPhone the last few years.  She felt (and I'd kinda agree...) that  there was a big difference between iphone models, with the 7 (now 8) much quicker and more "accurate" than her 5.   :) 

1 hour ago, cerberus1 said:

Another of those odd timeline things again, where the reply is above the OP.   :D

The other 2/3rds has a couple hand/wrist-held GPSrs, but cached most days only with her iPhone the last few years.  She felt (and I'd kinda agree...) that  there was a big difference between iphone models, with the 7 (now 8) much quicker and more "accurate" than her 5.   :) 

Thanks.

I guess I wiwll carry both...batteries, you know?

• Upvote 1

Currently, I do most of my geocaching with an app on my Android phone, using my GPSr only when I need better durability, battery life, and/or GPS reception than my phone provides. The phone app is just a lot more convenient. I don't have to be at home connected to a computer to download new cache data, or to upload field notes drafts.

On 2/16/2018 at 2:41 PM, niraD said:

Currently, I do most of my geocaching with an app on my Android phone, using my GPSr only when I need better durability, battery life, and/or GPS reception than my phone provides. The phone app is just a lot more convenient. I don't have to be at home connected to a computer to download new cache data, or to upload field notes drafts.

This is exactly what I do.  Still like the GPS for setting up a hide.

On 2/16/2018 at 5:41 PM, niraD said:

Same.  RARELY use my GPSr.  Last time was a few weeks ago when I was out caching in the rain.  My phone may be water resistant, but that doesn't mean I want to pull it out in the pouring rain.  By the end of the day, even though I was wearing a rain jacket, almost no part of me was not wet and I'm pretty sure my phone would've been toast.  My Garmin, on the other hand, was still holding up nicely.