Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Ionspy

Please solve the CAPTCHA

4 posts in this topic

I like to have my Cookies deleted at the end of each Browser session, guess I am not the only one.

Because of that (I assume) every time I want to login to geocaching.com, currently I have to do one of those photo-CAPTCHAs. Very annoying.

I understand that CAPTCHAs may be required, but is there a technical possibility to avoid them repeating in a case like mine, usually sitting at the same PC from where I made the last successful login yesterday?

1 hour ago, Ionspy said:

I understand that CAPTCHAs may be required, but is there a technical possibility to avoid them repeating in a case like mine, usually sitting at the same PC from where I made the last successful login yesterday?

Yes, it is technically possible to store all the information you need, for example, from where you last logged in, by using cookies. I have never seen CAPTCHAs when I log in, but practically,  because I am using cookies to store this information, I never need to log in at all. I was so curious now that I tried to log in by using anonymous browser, which is meant to be used when the user does not want to give or save any information about his visits. I managed to log in without a trace of any kind of CAPTCHAs. I must suspect that you have been personally selected to have this feature or your setup has something suspicious which gives cause to doubt that you are some kind of robot. :)

Edited by arisoft

Some browsers allow a person to make exceptions in their cookie handling. It might be possible to make the geocaching. com cookie one of those exceptions that stays in place when cookies are deleted.

Likewise, I've never been presented with a Captcha when logging into this site. Is there maybe something "different" about your internet connection, like a proxy or VPN?