Letterbox Hybrid - What??

bigjim4life

First of all, yes, I've already read the Help topic about Letterbox Hybrids at https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=822

However, I'm not getting it.  If we're going searching for a LH, do we need to have our own custom stamp in order to claim the find?  Do we need our own notebook of sorts to use the rubber stamp and log within?  I've never searched for regular letterboxes before and haven't really planned to - however, if I see an LH nearby, and I don't currently have those things - am I not able to go claim it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

No, the finder's stamp and notebook are optional - just sign the logbook in the usual way if you don't have them. The main thing with them is that the cache itself must contain a stamp for those that want to stamp their notebooks and that the stamp isn't swag and must be left with the cache.

Edited by barefootjeff
  • Upvote 3

All LBHs we found had either a separate log for those finders without a stamp, or the stamp log was for sigs as well.

There's no requirement for a finder to have a stamp, but to be a LBH it must have a stamp.  That's what makes it a hybrid:)

There's been a few we found without a stamp inside, either taken as swag, or the CO never had one.

• Upvote 2