Central & Southern Oregon Coasters! May I visit you? :)

Sparrowhawk

Hey all...

I and my motorhome (complete with geocaching.com logo in the back window) are going to spend Wed. Oct. 23rd to Saturday Oct. 27th exploring the central and southern oregon coast.

I have not yet met many other Geocachers yet, and it would be cool just to say "HI!" to others who love this sport.

I am going to gamble on finding an internet cafe on my way down... hopefully I will be able to check my email. Wish me luck.

If you would not mind a visit from a positive Portlander, email me at falcospav@excite.com, leave your telephone number, and pray I find internet access along the way.

Hope to say "Hi" to fellow geocachers! icon_smile.gif

-Elana

PS: If you know any central/southern Oregon coast-cachers, please forward this message to them so that they get it in a timely manner.

"Defenestrate XP!"

There are a ton in downtown ashland, and they're usually packed. The copy shop across from lithia is usually open.

The Black Dog in downtown Klamath Falls has internet access--and yummy yummy beer.

The librarians in Grants Pass will let you use their internet if you're nice to them, even though you're not a resident--same with Medford.

I haven't had much luck in Redmond/Bend though.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

The Lincoln City/ Newport area have a few good caches you can hit. They are not too difficult either. I would recommend Up a Creek (might have to pay for park)/Cape Foulweather / Gleneden Beach (can be difficult to find)/ Salmon Crossing (Depoe Bay)/ Billy Goats Gruff / View by the Bay/ Enchanted Seas (go right at opening or might be a crowd). These are all within the Lincoln City to Newport area. Have a great trip.

KTF !!! GBWY !!!

Lincoln City Public Library has internet access. And you can go hunting for floats (without a GPSr). See http://www.centraloregoncoast.com/pages/glass-floats.html. Insaneape found a Spencer Erlendson float within 30 seconds of us hitting the beach and then we found ZERO the rest of the week!

Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. - Groucho Marx

Internet cafes are becoming difficult to find these days. I have found that your local libraries are always a great spot to get online. Just try to visit before the kids get out of school in the afternoon.

As a footnote, and reference, I was camping at Fort Canby and checking on my Room with a View cache this weekend. On the way back I stopped at the Cannery Cafe on the waterfront in Astoria for an espresso and noticed that they have internet access.

19973_600.gifThe adventures of Navdog, Justdog, and Otterpup