Will this work, Magellan eXplorist GC

AttackJack

I was active in geocaching a long time ago. We recently moved to a new area and I'm thinking geo might be a fun way to get out and learn about our surrounding area. Unfortunately somewhere in the move I have misplaced my GPS unit.

I really want to get started on the cheap. I have found a discounted/ refurbished "Megellan eXplorist GC" gps. I want the ability to go paperless and have the info I need on the device.

I know technology is always changing but would this unit be able to download a pocket query, or could I send send individual caches to this unit? I realise this unit never had the best ratings/reviews but to get my foot back in the door what do you think?

Thanks for any advice or opinions.

I've used the Magellen eXplorist since I started...My friends all use Garmin...9 times out of 10, we head in different directions & the Magellen gets it done...It is basic...Detail roads don't appear until you're within a mile...If I don't find a cache, it's not my GPS...Also has a compass & tracking...I've dropped mine several times & had no issues...I load pocket queries of 1000 caches...(Can load up to 10000 caches)...I've loaded 2500 with no problem...Good luck