Extraneous mandatory reviewer notes during cache review process

GeoElmo6000

I'm currently working to submit an event cache, and working with a reviewer on some of the details.  I'm finding for each update requested from the reviewer, I need to add two mandatory reviewer notes, which seems like one too many.  The process I've seen:

1. Reviewer finds an issue and removes my listing from the review queue with a "Temporarily Disable Listing" note stating the issue
  2. I edit the listing to comply with the reviewer's comment
  3. On the top of the listing page, in the green review status area, I need to "respond" to the reviewer; this requires a Reviewer Note
  4. On the top of the listing page, in the green review status area, I need to "resubmit the cache"; this requires a Reviewer Note

Is there a way to re-submit the listing with one action, needing just one Reviewer Note?  I'm finding I'm writing one helpful note (for example, "updated listing to add the details you requested") and one useless note ("see previous reviewer note").

I apologize if this was already covered.  Thanks in advance!

56 minutes ago, arisoft said:

Clicking the "Submit for review" should ask the reviewer note only once. Have you already tried this without success?

I don't think it's there if the reviewer takes the listing out of the review queue.  It's only there after you respond to the review.  It seems like a two step process.  I couldn't find the process written out in the Help Center, and since my listing is back in the review queue, I couldn't take screen shots or walk through the steps again.

If the listing is out of the queue, then just edit it, and resubmit it for review. There's no other limbo as far as we non-reviewers are concerned. If the reviewer themselves requests separate individual review notes, that's a different matter.

So I suppose the question is - is the website requiring you to submit two separate reviewer notes before being able to actually set the listing as ready for publishing?

16 hours ago, GeoElmo6000 said:

I'm currently working to submit an event cache, and working with a reviewer on some of the details.  I'm finding for each update requested from the reviewer, I need to add two mandatory reviewer notes, which seems like one too many.  The process I've seen:

1. Reviewer finds an issue and removes my listing from the review queue with a "Temporarily Disable Listing" note stating the issue
  2. I edit the listing to comply with the reviewer's comment
  3. On the top of the listing page, in the green review status area, I need to "respond" to the reviewer; this requires a Reviewer Note
  4. On the top of the listing page, in the green review status area, I need to "resubmit the cache"; this requires a Reviewer Note

Is it possible to select "resubmit the cache" without selecting "respond"?  If so, then I'd try resubmitting the cache and putting the 'response' in the Reviewer Note log that's required when resubmitting the cache.

15 hours ago, thebruce0 said:

So I suppose the question is - is the website requiring you to submit two separate reviewer notes before being able to actually set the listing as ready for publishing?

4 hours ago, noncentric said:

Is it possible to select "resubmit the cache" without selecting "respond"?  If so, then I'd try resubmitting the cache and putting the 'response' in the Reviewer Note log that's required when resubmitting the cache.

My experience was that there wasn't a way to re-submit the cache without first "responding" to the de-listing of the cache.  I had to hit the "Respond" button, enter a mandatory Reviewer Note, which then brought me back to the cache page, after which I could "Resubmit" the cache, which prompted another mandatory Reviewer Note.  I would have done it all in one step if I could, with a Reviewer Note stating that I addressed the reviewer's comments.  The problem is that I can't re-create the situation unless I ask the reviewer to fail the cache again.

Perhaps someone else who encounters this could give their feedback before they resubmit their cache listing; or, if my reviewer delists my cache again, I can take screen shots.  It could be that I missed something, but I don't think I did.

1 hour ago, GeoElmo6000 said:

The problem is that I can't re-create the situation unless I ask the reviewer to fail the cache again.

I have one cache in the same situation but I did not see any mandatory "respond" messages. I can edit and resubmit it without replying first. Maybe this is a very new feature or misconception

3 hours ago, GeoElmo6000 said:

My experience was that there wasn't a way to re-submit the cache without first "responding" to the de-listing of the cache.  I had to hit the "Respond" button, enter a mandatory Reviewer Note, which then brought me back to the cache page, after which I could "Resubmit" the cache, which prompted another mandatory Reviewer Note.  I would have done it all in one step if I could, with a Reviewer Note stating that I addressed the reviewer's comments.  The problem is that I can't re-create the situation unless I ask the reviewer to fail the cache again.

Don't worry about the links on the message. You should still be able to [EDIT] the listing and continue on. Just be sure to address any outstanding concerns in the reviewer note field at the end, if they should be addressed.