Solved puzzle icons on the Map

Skyhawker

When you solve a puzzle and edit the coordinates on the cache page, the icon displayed on the map changes from a "?" to something else indicating that the coordinates have changed.  My question is this.

Does the position of the icon also change to reflect the changed coordinates that I have entered?  On the map, it looks like it is moved and matches the coordinates I manually entered into Google Earth, but I want to make sure.  I use the website map view on an iPad to navigate in my car around an area to get close to my next target.  Thanks.

It's amazing how well thought out some of this is. That is VERY well done.  :D  Now if we could just get them to add the ability to filter and hide temporarily disabled caches on the panel along with the other options (or alternatively show them in RED), it would be perfect - until we think of something else. ^_^?

14 hours ago, Skyhawker said:

Now if we could just get them to add the ability to filter and hide temporarily disabled caches on the panel along with the other options (or alternatively show them in RED), it would be perfect

Not filterable/hidable, but temporarily disabled caches are displayed differently on the map. They are greyed out.

gc-mapicon-disabled.png

On 2/7/2018 at 11:29 AM, MartyBartfast said:

Yes.

Once you've found a  cache which has corrected co-ords it then moves back to its original position on the map.

I know it's been brought up before, but I've recently been doing a lot more puzzle caches (they seem to be addicting...) and it's becoming an annoyance now ... The smilie shows up at the posted coordinates for those I've found.  The geo art is pretty, and it's OK if the default is the posted coordinates ... but a toggle to allow me to see the SOLVED coordinates for puzzles I've found in an area would extremely helpful!

• Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, CAVinoGal said:

I know it's been brought up before, but I've recently been doing a lot more puzzle caches (they seem to be addicting...) and it's becoming an annoyance now ... The smilie shows up at the posted coordinates for those I've found.  The geo art is pretty, and it's OK if the default is the posted coordinates ... but a toggle to allow me to see the SOLVED coordinates for puzzles I've found in an area would extremely helpful!

Every now and then, it's good to post a suggestion again, even if it's been posted before. That lets the lackeys know that we haven't forgotten about the suggestion.

• Upvote 1