GSAK on Microsoft Surface Pro

I'm hesitant to ask this question because I know it is very "basic" but let me assure you I tried very hard to answer it myself before asking. Yes, I searched GSAK faq as well. I'm not too computer savvy so please be nice. Can I not download GSAK to my new Surface Pro 4? I *think* it has Windows 10 Pro.

What does this mean?: "GSAK only runs on Windows operating systems (Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, with XP and below not supported)."

Does it mean GSAK will run on Windows 10 as long as it doesn't have XP?? I don't even know what XP is. All I know is I found sooo many caches today and I was excited to do a template + mass upload but haven't done it in years, and haven't done it on my new laptop. I went to download my purchased copy of GSAK and I can't get past the pick your language screen to install. So frustrating. 

IF GSAK isn't an option, is there another way? Caches waiting patiently in Garmin Oregon 550t.

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, mcjeeper and stukboy said:

What does this mean?: "GSAK only runs on Windows operating systems (Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, with XP and below not supported)."

Does it mean GSAK will run on Windows 10 as long as it doesn't have XP?? I don't even know what XP is.

Never heard of Windows XP?

If your Surface runs Win 10 Pro, you're good. GSAK will run.

BTW, GSAK questions are better asked on the GSAK forum.

12 hours ago, mcjeeper and stukboy said:

IF GSAK isn't an option, is there another way? Caches waiting patiently in Garmin Oregon 550t.

If you're asking how to retrieve drafts (field notes) from the Garmin Oregon to submit cache logs that you saved on it, see this:  https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=138&pgid=548

Edited by kunarion
40 minutes ago, mcjeeper and stukboy said:

Thank you. Wish I could figure out why I can't get past the select your language screen. I asked in this forum instead of gsak because I can't get gsak to download so I was looking for another way to download finds, not field notes. I will explore the link above. 

You could look at Pocket Queries.  Set up parameters such as a location and radius, and get a file of up to 1000 caches to place onto your GPS.

Or if "Garmin Express" works on your laptop, create "lists" and send caches that way.

The only thing I immediately found online about GSAK vs. Surface, is that GSAK won't run in Windows RT.  Here's a real short discussion about it, which I think raises new questions in your case.

Edited by kunarion
6 hours ago, mcjeeper and stukboy said:

Thank you. Wish I could figure out why I can't get past the select your language screen. I asked in this forum instead of gsak because I can't get gsak to download

If you get the select language screen GSAK is downloaded. Maybe some security software is blocking the install. I suggest you post your question(s) on the GSAK forum.