How To Limit Allowed Log Entry options?

Matt98030

23 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

The "options" would be making your trackable collectible (like folks looking to make their car or walking stick "Discover only"), as this  Help Center info explains on the subject.  :)

So I can't really control the log entry options, but I just ahve to choose between allowing all options, or only allowinng "Discover" or "Note"???

I was hoping I could remove "Visit" from my trackables....

15 minutes ago, Matt98030 said:

So I can't really control the log entry options, but I just ahve to choose between allowing all options, or only allowinng "Discover" or "Note"???

I was hoping I could remove "Visit" from my trackables....

You're not the only one.  :D   This has become a very annoying log type for quite a few TOs (changed a few years ago because folks thought drop/retrieve to every cache was time consuming...).  Now it's simple for some to "visit" a pile of other people's property...

- But we know many families who log visit logs with their own trackables on caches their kids have tagged along on.  If/when that kid ever wants their own account, those parents have a record of all caches that kid has found.    :)

• Upvote 1

But we know many families who log visit logs with their own trackables on caches their kids have tagged along on.  If/when that kid ever wants their own account, those parents have a record of all caches that kid has found. 

Thats a neat idea Cerberus1 im sorry to ask this but can you explain to me a little more about this? you see i have young kids and just want to make sure i understand this! THank you, if not too much trouble

Mom and Dad have three trackables for three kids, Tommy's Turtle, Pam's Panda, and Devin's little devil. 

On Sunday, with every cache they go to with all the kids, all three trackables are visited.  Tommy's at soccer practice when Mom takes the other two caching with her on Friday.  She enters the panda and devil as visiting that cache, since only Pam and Devin were with her. 

An accurate record of every cache any one of the kids found with a parent is easily known through each kid's Trackable page.   Just a simple way to create a "Found It" record for their new profile (by backdating the log to the cache page - even archived) when/if any of the kids want to continue the hobby when older.     :)

Edited by cerberus1
  • Upvote 2