Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Jffok

Replacement for the Gamin 450T

Recommended Posts

I have a Garmin 450T that the on/off switch is just about gone on and I am going to have to replace this unit.   What is the next gps up from this one.   I do not want one that has the preloaded geocaches already in it.   But like all the features of the 450 .   Any recommendations on a garmin would be appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post

Have you gone to garmin.com to check out their line-up? With minimal effort, you could answer your question.

You want an Oregon 700 (don't worry about the "t", you can get better free maps. You can also copy the preloaded base map from your 450t to a new Oregon and it'll work just fine).

If you can find it at a good price, the Oregon 600 will also do, but the 700 is the current model on the market.

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎06‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 0:47 PM, Mineral2 said:

You can also copy the preloaded base map from your 450t to a new Oregon and it'll work just fine).
 

In my experience the topo map file from a "t" unit will not be recognized by a non "t" unit.

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:47 PM, Mineral2 said:

Have you gone to garmin.com to check out their line-up? With minimal effort, you could answer your question.

You want an Oregon 700 (don't worry about the "t", you can get better free maps. You can also copy the preloaded base map from your 450t to a new Oregon and it'll work just fine).

If you can find it at a good price, the Oregon 600 will also do, but the 700 is the current model on the market.

Thank you for your reply and your time. . And yes I did go to the Garmin site and put in a lot more that minimal effort trying  to get the information I was wanting.  I got about the same results at Garmin that I got here. 

Share this post


Link to post

Another vote for the Oregon 7x0 series here! I love my Oregon 6x0 series units, but the 7x0 is just so much better! Especially for geocaching!

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, MaliBooBoo said:

In my experience the topo map file from a "t" unit will not be recognized by a non "t" unit.

The Oregon 450t was made before the pre installed maps were locked to the unit. I know this because I have copied the topo map from the 450t and put it on my 600 with no problems.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1

×