Replacement for the Gamin 450T

Jffok

I have a Garmin 450T that the on/off switch is just about gone on and I am going to have to replace this unit.   What is the next gps up from this one.   I do not want one that has the preloaded geocaches already in it.   But like all the features of the 450 .   Any recommendations on a garmin would be appreciated. 

Have you gone to garmin.com to check out their line-up? With minimal effort, you could answer your question.

You want an Oregon 700 (don't worry about the "t", you can get better free maps. You can also copy the preloaded base map from your 450t to a new Oregon and it'll work just fine).

If you can find it at a good price, the Oregon 600 will also do, but the 700 is the current model on the market.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:47 PM, Mineral2 said:

Have you gone to garmin.com to check out their line-up? With minimal effort, you could answer your question.

You want an Oregon 700 (don't worry about the "t", you can get better free maps. You can also copy the preloaded base map from your 450t to a new Oregon and it'll work just fine).

If you can find it at a good price, the Oregon 600 will also do, but the 700 is the current model on the market.

Thank you for your reply and your time. . And yes I did go to the Garmin site and put in a lot more that minimal effort trying  to get the information I was wanting.  I got about the same results at Garmin that I got here. 

6 hours ago, MaliBooBoo said:

In my experience the topo map file from a "t" unit will not be recognized by a non "t" unit.

The Oregon 450t was made before the pre installed maps were locked to the unit. I know this because I have copied the topo map from the 450t and put it on my 600 with no problems.