Trackable discovered but not put out yet

Daghda

I set up a trackable a while back and just got around to uploading an image for it. It has not been placed in a geocache yet. 

Within a short time, I got an email saying that someone from poland and texas has discovered my trackable... How did they get the number to discover it?

I deleted the pictures with the numbers but apparently  one is still showing in the gallery . I had taken the picture with the numbers in order to help those with bad eyes lol as the numbers are hard to read on those coins. 

To me this is cheating as they physically don't pick up the trackable and it undermines people that play fair. Might as well just mark all the geos you can find from your house and not bother to go out.  It is also unfair to me as I don't want the flags to get buried in a mess of spam posts.

Thanks for your help niraD

Edited by Daghda
54 minutes ago, Daghda said:

I deleted the pictures with the numbers but apparently  one is still showing in the gallery . I had taken the picture with the numbers in order to help those with bad eyes lol as the numbers are hard to read on those coins. 

To me this is cheating as they physically don't pick up the trackable and it undermines people that play fair. Might as well just mark all the geos you can find from your house and not bother to go out.  It is also unfair to me as I don't want the flags to get buried in a mess of spam posts.

The trackables are yours. You can delete the fake discovered logs. And expect that there will be more to come, as the numbers are likely to end up on a shared list somewhere. You may be surprised how many fake logs you acquire, as some people have different views of what it means to discover a trackable.

Good luck.

5 hours ago, Daghda said:

I sorta agree...

- But to be fair, you did post the trackable codes.  If given the opportunity, some will log it, thinking it was okay with you.   :)

You would think, however, that Deleting the pictures should stop this problem, but apparently they don't delete them from the server. I was unaware anyone but the person that found the cache on site with the number would be able to view the picture. My bad.... I locked the trackable and may go back and retrieve it..  I did send a note to the admins of geocaching.com to see if they can help remove the pictures permanently. I hate to do that as the trackables are expensive, plus my time involved in making my keychain for it. I would have to go purchase two new flags to replace them in order to set it right. 

Live and learn...

update... I did revisit the cache where I dropped the trackable, but it was gone on it's way. It's a shame as I may have to send all geocaching email to spam now if this continues to be as much of a problem as it has been the last 24 hours...

Edited by Daghda

Prime example of the cheater mentality is as follows.... I put the trackables out about 17 days after this person says he found it  ( Feb 3 2018 is my release date )   He just posted this two days after I put it out...

One person that posted a bogus post has posted four times so far. I have deleted him four times but he keeps on trying...

"""""01/16/2018    ( I am not posting his name ) discovered it           Visit Log

Late logging .. discovered some time ago!"""""""

Edited by Daghda