GPS not being recognised by computer to load caches

Well, here we go again! Microsoft, in its infinite wisdom, has once again updated my computer's Windows system to 10 and now when I go to load caches onto my Etrex 20, Garmin does not recognise it.

As I was advised by the community to do previously, I went to internet options to list my.garmin as a trusted site but it is already listed. Up to now, I have had to use Internet Explorer to load my caches since no other browser will work.

I've also reset Internet Explorer settings and even cleared the Windows temp directory but have not been successful. 

Is there anyone out there who could help me with this problem? I had to use my iphone yesterday to go caching because my gps is totally useless now. My iphone's battery died after 4 caches - good thing I had a power pack to recharge out in the field. I would appreciate any help - I've received great help in the past. Thank you in advance!

It seems that IE finally refuses the plug-in too.

There are plenty alternatives:

• Use the GPX file button and save to the \Garmin\GPX\ folder on your eTrex.
  • Use the new Sent to List option, which is the successor of Garmin Communicator.
  • Use Pocket Queries.
  • Use third party software like GSAK or GAPP.
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, gameoftheirlives said:

Thank you. I tried the "sent to list" option and then tried downloading the list but that didn't seem to work. But then, I only basically know computers so it most likely is something I did/did not do that was the problem. I will do my best to try your suggestions. I really appreciate your help.

https://www.geocaching.com/blog/2017/04/new-a-magic-button-for-your-garmin-gps/.

3 hours ago, gameoftheirlives said:

Thank you. I tried the "sent to list" option and then tried downloading the list but that didn't seem to work. But then, I only basically know computers so it most likely is something I did/did not do that was the problem. I will do my best to try your suggestions. I really appreciate your help.

If you were trying to use send to Garmin earlier this week, Tuesday through sometime late yesterday, the function was out of commission and the GS developers were working to fix it.  I tried it again last night and it appears to be working again.  So you might give it another try.

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:38 AM, StefandD said:

It seems that IE finally refuses the plug-in too.

There are plenty alternatives:

• Use the GPX file button and save to the \Garmin\GPX\ folder on your eTrex.
  • Use the new Sent to List option, which is the successor of Garmin Communicator.
  • Use Pocket Queries.
  • Use third party software like GSAK or GAPP.

I haven't try yet, but hopefully it will work when I try to download Geocaches to my GPS (Etrek 20x).