Puzzle cache pictures?

ShebblesAtPlay

Hi there!  I've found a big open space that I want to put a picture of a music note on the map.  I want to do 20 music trivia puzzle/mystery caches within 2 miles of the music note.  Anyone know an easy way I can draw this on a map?  I can't physically go to this spot...it's mountains!!  Maybe there's already an instructional post here that I'm not finding.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, ShebblesAtPlay said:

Hi there!  I've found a big open space that I want to put a picture of a music note on the map.  I want to do 20 music trivia puzzle/mystery caches within 2 miles of the music note.  Anyone know an easy way I can draw this on a map?  I can't physically go to this spot...it's mountains!!  Maybe there's already an instructional post here that I'm not finding.  Thanks!

What you're describing is commonly called "geo-art".

One way that I can think off of the top of my head is to use Google Earth (or any other software that allows you to mark multiple waypoints on a map, for that matter). You can plop a bunch of waypoints down and move them around until you have the right shape, then look at the resulting coordinates for each one.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Harry Dolphin said:

That's basically what I did with my Dolphin in the River Geoart (since archived).  Drew the picture.  Set it on Acme Mapper.  And got the coords from that.  Had to move the dorsal fin a bit north to fit in the 2-Mile rule.

Dolpinin the Rivr resives.  03 18 2013.jpg

It wasn't a fluke then.:lol:

• Upvote 3