Is there a way to check planned hide site before submitting cache?

FiveEyes

I was wondering, is there a way to check to see if a certain location (exact specific coordinates) is available to hide a geocache, before writing up the whole cache listing and submitting it? Lately I've had a number of submitted geocaches bounce back as not publishable because they got blocked by a mystery final or a multicache final.  Actually I had this happen with 6 different geocaches I tried to plant recently.  Particularly for a puzzle cache I'm working on, the entire puzzle needs to be created around the final coordinates, so it is not very good if I can't check to see if my planned coordinates are available before doing a lot of work creating the puzzle.  

4 hours ago, niraD said:

For reference, see the Help Center article Check for minimum distance, especially the section titled "Ask a reviewer to check coordinates".

I concur - we've learned to ask our local reviewer to please check coordinates for us before we hide.

You CAN look for multi's and puzzles in the 2 mile radius, solve them, and see where the finals are - it's work but it can be fun, and result in a few more finds for you in addition to giving you a better idea of the open spots for caches.  If there are a lot of them though, it may be simpler to just ask the reviewer if the your chosen coordinates are good or not.  Be aware, they won't tell you any details (like the coordinates of nearby caches) except perhaps the name of the cache that is interfering.  It's happened to us twice on 6 new cache hides ... frustrating, yes, but part of the game.

11 hours ago, CAVinoGal said:

I concur - we've learned to ask our local reviewer to please check coordinates for us before we hide.

You CAN look for multi's and puzzles in the 2 mile radius, solve them, and see where the finals are

There is no 2 mile restriction on multi caches and it can be a physical intermediate waypoint that is blocking an area.