Can't click on cache description on maps

pli

When using chrome / samsung browsers on our android devices running geocaching.com , it is not possible to click and choose a cache on the map. The hoover text show up OK, but not the box where one can select the cache from. pop-ups are enabled.

The workaround is of course to use the app. but why?

9 hours ago, pli said:

When using chrome / samsung browsers on our android devices running geocaching.com , it is not possible to click and choose a cache on the map. The hoover text show up OK, but not the box where one can select the cache from. pop-ups are enabled.

9 hours ago, SnowstormMK said:

Hey there. I cannot reproduce this on my Android phone (Pixel 2) using geocaching.com in Chrome. What device are you using? 

I have a Google Pixel, and using the Chrome browser, going to geocaching.com, and trying to view cache details from the map I get thesame results as pli - I can see the name of the cache only - no GC code, and no way to view the cache details.  I do use the app when we are out using our phones to find caches - the full website in the browser is too cumbersome for me on the phone (probably why I haven't noticed this behavior before, but I do see the same thing as pli does).

I've had no issues using the app to locate, browse, and find caches, log my drafts, and then use the full website when I get home to complete the logs.

Odd, I just opened the Chrome browser and was able to bring up the full pop-up box and the various links (cache name, CO, log visit, etc) are working. See screenshot below.  Samsung Galaxy S7 / Android 7.0 / Chrome 63.0.3239.111    I don't use Chrome often, so I don't have any special settings within that app. Maybe there is some setting that is causing the problem?

The links also work for me when using Firefox for Android, which is my usual browsing app. Another workaround, besides the app, that you could try is using Firefox?

gc-map-chrome.thumb.jpg.b6447aa7a454312828a82cb406ac99e4.jpg

On 1/29/2018 at 2:16 PM, pli said:

I use Chrome on a GS8 and a Galaxy tablet. Same problem. Works OK in Firefox. Really odd thing is if I have a search filter set, Chrome works as desired. Clear the filters and the popup descriptions won't display again.