No indication that lab caches are currently not included in "Your Geocaching Logs (All)"

stevenw54

When I view my profile, and select "Logs", the page I am taken to is a starting point for viewing all my logs. However when I navigate to the logs for a day when I completed lab caches and found other types of geocaches, details about the lab caches I completed are not shown, and there is no indication that lab caches are excluded from this listing.

At the very least, I feel there should be a note in this page indicating that lab caches are not shown.  There may  be a reason why lab caches are not in this list, but some people may expect to see lab caches in these logs, and a short note might eliminate confusion.

Completed lab caches currently contribute one’s total finds, and for me, if I visit   https://labs.geocaching.com/   select the arrow at the top right of the page, one of the options given  is "View Logs".  Based on these facts,  I feel that lab cache completions should be included in the "Your Geocaching Logs (All)" listing.   If there is a reason why some people would not want lab caches included in this history, then perhaps a "Show lab caches with log history" option could be added.

It seems that this issue was mentioned before, and possibly drowned out among all the points mentioned in the  discussion.

Thank you

stevenw54

Edited by stevenw54

The reason that Lab caches don't show up on that page is because they don't have "logs" in the same sense as other caches. On regular caches, you can select a log type and type some content. On Lab caches, you can only complete a requirement (usually entering a codeword) and don't have a chance to enter any content. Since a log isn't submitted by you, there's nothing to be shown on the "Your Geocaching Logs" page. For this reason, it would be difficult to have Lab caches show up on that same list. They'd have to get pretty creative with code, and that's an old page that would probably be tough to modify anyway.

The "View logs" option on the Labs site is a misnomer. It would be more accurate if it said something like "View completions".

Edited by The A-Team