I seem to have lost the tracking tag on a trackable..

PsycoCavr

Uh Oh,

I was looking in my cache bag and saw that the tag had come off of a trackable I have had for a while.   I contacted the owner and they did not know the tracking code #. So i have the reference #.. is there any way they owner can request the tracking code from geocaching.com?

I want to be able to move this on..but im stuck..

Psycocavr

The CO has the tracking code on their trackable's page.  Similarly,  if it's still in your inventory, you just check the box to move it.   :)

- But what would you be "moving on"?  It's no longer a trackable if there's no tag. Do you plan on "creating" one just to get rid of it?  Without the tag, odds are it's gonna have issues again (mistaken for swag).  Surprised the TO doesn't just mark it missing and start over...

We see issues like this happen a lot with folks who hold others trackables hostage, visiting for months on end.  One we've noticed even dumps trackables they've lost into their own caches, and then marks them missing.  

• Upvote 1
On 1/25/2018 at 8:46 AM, PsycoCavr said:

Uh Oh,

I was looking in my cache bag and saw that the tag had come off of a trackable I have had for a while.   I contacted the owner and they did not know the tracking code #. So i have the reference #.. is there any way they owner can request the tracking code from geocaching.com?

I want to be able to move this on..but im stuck..

Psycocavr

I would think the owner would appreciate you attaching the number, which is in the page for him to see. Just ask.