Lamp Post Battleship

TwistedCube

The other day when I was playing Battleship, I thought I could somehow implement it into a mystery cache. I could find a google earth picture of the lamp posts from the air, then I could label the lamp posts in Battleship fashion, the finder would then deduct which lamp post contains the cache. Though I dislike the idea of hiding a skirt lifter, maybe I could change it up to make it clever. Still, there are other things that I need to consider, but the basic idea fascinates me, and I'd be willing to try it someday.

Any of you know how I could do this?  

17 minutes ago, TwistedCube said:

The other day when I was playing Battleship, I thought I could somehow implement it into a mystery cache. I could find a google earth picture of the lamp posts from the air, then I could label the lamp posts in Battleship fashion, the finder would then deduct which lamp post contains the cache. Though I dislike the idea of hiding a skirt lifter, maybe I could change it up to make it clever. Still, there are other things that I need to consider, but the basic idea fascinates me, and I'd be willing to try it someday.

Any of you know how I could do this?  

You would need to figure out how to incorporate accurate GPS coordinates into the search. From your description, I don't see that.

I've heard of a battleship series that used a 10x10 grid of containers that contained either the codeword "hit" or the codeword "miss". The solution would somehow lead to a mystery/puzzle cache. (I forget whether the 10x10 grid was made of traditional caches, or whether they were stages of the mystery/puzzle cache.)